I applied in October 2019 through Employee Referral. The process for me consisted of 2 Technical Interviews, followed by a Technical+Managerial Round taken by their CTO. All the rounds were Telephonic, which can prove to be a disadvantage sometimes ( as in my case ) in case you’re not able to explain something properly on phone.
Round 1: Technical Interview ( Taken By a Senior Developer )
The interviewer started off with a formal introduction and asked me for the same. The interviewer then asked me about the projects I had done. Since the project was based on Deep Learning, he asked me for a complete pipeline description. Then he followed it up with the following questions –
- Maximum Overlapping Intervals – Explanation + Code
- Subset Sum Problem – Explanation + Code
- Database Normalization with Example
- ACID Properties
- Given a Table. Normalize it to the lowest possible Normal Form.
I was familiar with most of the concepts asked in this round. So, I answered all the questions very comfortably, and the interviewer was very satisfied as well.
Round 2: Technical Interview ( Taken by Toppr’s VP of Engineering)
The interviewer started off with a formal introduction again, followed by a Project Description.
He followed it up with the following questions –
- Given a Table – Users, with the following properties – ID, FirstName, LastName. How would you speed up the following query? ( HINT – Try to use Indexing )
SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Users WHERE FirstName=’x’ AND LastName = ‘y’
- What are Tries and where are they used?
- Maximum Overlapping Intervals
- Prefix Search using Tries
- Pattern Searching in a String using Tries ( Just Like the Search Bar Feature )
- Suffix Tree
- Database Normalization
This round went pretty average as I was not able to explain the Pattern Searching using Tries to the interviewer.
Round 3: Technical Cum Managerial Round – ( Taken by the CTO )
This round was very short, lasted for about 15-20 mins. The interviewer started off with a formal introduction and then moved on to a few questions on Tries again. The HR had told me that this round was going to be managerial, but to my surprise, the same questions that I failed to answer in the last round were repeated and again, this round went pretty average. Apart from the Tries, the interviewer focused on Database Normalisation again. I managed to answer the questions related to Normalisation but terribly failed to explain the Tries Search. The interviewer then asked me to wait for 2-3 days for the Final Result.
I got selected and will be joining Toppr in May 2020.
- Zopper Interview Experience | Set 2 (Off Campus for Backend Developer)
- Amdocs Off Campus Interview | Set 13 (Off-Campus)
- Delhivery Interview Experience for Backend Developer On Campus(Nov 2018)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 129 (For SDE 1 Off-Campus)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 134 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 142 (Off-Campus for SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 143 (Off-Campus for SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 144 (Off-Campus For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 161 (Off Campus for SDE-1, Bangalore)
- Carwale Interview Experience (Off-Campus for SDE 1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 258 (Off-Campus for SDE-1)
- Codenation Interview Experience | Set 3 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 271 (Off-campus SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 270 (Off-campus SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 275 ( Off-Campus SDE-I Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 317 (SDE-1 Off - Campus)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 327 (Off-Campus for SDE-1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.