Mobile Application development emerged as a completely new field, with the expansion of the domain. Many new different techniques are introduced for Mobile Application Development. Generally, Mobile Applications are either developed for the Android Operating System or iPhone Operating System where the code and technology for the same Application are completely different which is one of the biggest problems for Mobile Application Development Companies. This issue is resolved by the latest technology in Mobile Application Development i.e. Cross Platform or Hybrid Development. Cross-Platform Mobile App Development is the domain where developer designs app which is compatible with multiple operating systems.
In this article, we will discuss the top frameworks for cross-platform development. So, the top frameworks for Hybrid development are listed below:
1. React Native
- Community Support: The React Native framework is maintained by the community of developers which means there is a chance of any exception or issue will be raised at the time of development because the maintainers have sound knowledge about the framework and its functionality.
Ionic is a high-quality open-source cross-platform Software Development Kit provides the power and flexibility of Angular for lightning-fast app development. Ionic support React, Vue and Angular so developer with any tech stack can build apps using Ionic. Ionic is designed and developed in such a way where web developers can easily develop a mobile app. Advantages of using Ionic for Mobile App Development:
- Native Compatibility: Ionic provides a variety of tools from front-end development tools to plugins which offer amazing integration with the native phone APIs.
- Design: As you can design your app with any of the tech stacks, this makes the front-end development smooth and amazing without any barrier of technology.
- Community: Ionic is an open-source platform, and it is preferred by many medium and huge companies which means everyone prefers and trusts Ionic.
Xamarin is also an open-source platform for hybrid development where you can develop the entire app in C#. Xamarin extends .NET so .NET developers get an edge over others. Xamarin is owned and maintained by Microsoft. Xamarin provides better native performance when compared to other hybrid development frameworks. Some other advantages are discussed below:
- Integration Flexibility: Xamarin provides the flexibility of API integration which boosts the native performance of Xamarin apps.
- Hardware Compatibility: This is one of the best features of Xamarin which almost removes the drawback of all hybrid frameworks i.e. compatibility with mobile hardware as Xamarin provides a large range of plugins and APIs.
- Xamarin Form: Xamarin form is a library which makes the development process more flexible as this library allows you to reuse the same code multiple time for designing the better cross-platform layout.
- Old Language: PhoneGap is available for a very long time due to which there are plenty of libraries and frameworks available which gives PhoneGap edge over others, and you will never feel stuck during development.
- Backend: PhoneGap provides robust backend support which makes the development process smooth and fast.
Flutter is an open-source software development kit which is created by Google and mainly used for cross-platform mobile app development. Dart Programming Language is required for building an app in Flutter. Some advantages of using flutter for hybrid development are mentioned below:
- Design: In Flutter, you have complete access to make your own widgets or manipulate existing widgets as per the requirement of your design.
- Hot Reload: This is the most powerful feature and biggest advantage of flutter developers, the hot reload allows developers to see the instant changes made in the app which helps in quickly finding bugs and increases development speed.
- Performance: The performance of flutter apps is amazing, sometimes they even beat native apps which is a great thing for a hybrid app.
Learning and a number of technologies, does not end here. The demand and community of hybrid developers are increasing rapidly day by day, so it’s good to invest in the future. Go through all these frameworks and choose the best according to your requirement just go with it. Hybrid development is the future of mobile app development.