Greedy is an algorithmic paradigm that builds up a solution piece by piece, always choosing the next piece that offers the most obvious and immediate benefit. Greedy algorithms are used for optimization problems.
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost
- Graph coloring
- Fractional Knapsack Problem
- Minimize Cash Flow among a given set of friends who have borrowed money from each other
- Find minimum time to finish all jobs with given constraints
- Find maximum sum possible equal to sum of three stacks
- Dail’s Algorithm
- Boruvka’s algorithm
This article is contributed by Ayushmaan Bansal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions | Set 2
- Correctness of Greedy Algorithms
- Greedy Algorithms (General Structure and Applications)
- Top 20 Dynamic Programming Interview Questions
- Top 20 Backtracking Algorithm Interview Questions
- Top 20 Hashing Technique based Interview Questions
- Top 40 Python Interview Questions & Answers
- Top 25 Interview Questions
- Top 10 Interview Questions on Depth First Search (DFS)
- Activity Selection Problem | Greedy Algo-1
- Huffman Coding | Greedy Algo-3
- Prim’s MST for Adjacency List Representation | Greedy Algo-6
- Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm | Greedy Algo-7
- Graph Coloring | Set 2 (Greedy Algorithm)
- K Centers Problem | Set 1 (Greedy Approximate Algorithm)
- Set Cover Problem | Set 1 (Greedy Approximate Algorithm)
- Boruvka's algorithm | Greedy Algo-9
- Greedy Algorithm to find Minimum number of Coins
- Coin game of two corners (Greedy Approach)