If you want to do any task easily, effectively, and efficiently then you should use some tools. Though there are lots of different software development tools available. You have to select the most useful tools depending on the requirement and technology that you are working on.
A good programmer should know which tools are better than others and also should use the most powerful and advanced tools. Most of the companies recommended their own set of tools, but many new companies allow them to choose your own.
It delivers a powerful and fastest way to build & host custom back end applications & web services. It is nothing but a low code IDE and server. With the help of LINX, we can build and automate back-end applications and web services. LINX is an excellent tool to automate the collection of data from multiple sources, transform it, and deliver the results to multiple target systems.
- Build Visually: Using drag-and-drop programming functions and services.
- High Speed: Quick iterative development by combining large pieces of functionality in minutes
- Host Anywhere: You can deploy and host your application
- Instant Setup: Provides easy one-step installation and the small footprint lets you get to work right away.
It is the fastest CI/CD tool for web developers for the most effective way to build better apps faster. It makes DevOps easy for developers, it is fast to set up and fast to run. With the help of parallelism, and all-around optimizations the most complicated CI/CD workflows take minutes to create using Buddy.
- Speed: Lightning-fast deployments (average deployment time: 12 sec).
- Support: Buddy supports all popular languages, frameworks & task managers.
- Instant results: Apps & websites are built, tested and deployed significantly fast.
- Lower failure rate: It Recover from failures very easily.
- Monitoring: Monitors Real-time progress and logs with maintaining the unlimited history.
- First-class integrations: Integrates with Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, AWS, Shopify, WordPress and many more.
- Without installing or maintaining a local IDE, write, run, and debug code with just a browser.
- You can share your development environment and code in real-time with your team in just a few clicks.
- it makes easy to work with server less applications and allows you to iterate on your code directly.
- it is prepackaged with over 40 programming languages, hence it saves your time and improves the quality of your code.
- Some most useful features are code completion suggestions, debugging, file dragging which makes it a powerful tool.
It is a fully free and open-source code editor. It is very popular among developers and can be customized according to your need to suit your needs, without editing the configuration file.
- A hackable text editor which supports cross-platform editing.
- Atom works across various operating systems like OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- It helps you write code faster with a smart and flexible autocomplete feature.
- You can easily browse your files and depending upon your requirement open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- One of the important features of the Atom is its built-in package manager.
GitHub is a vastly used tool in recent days. GitHub offers unlimited private repositories and Free GitHub accounts which is vast using to host open-source projects. In 2020 GitHub becomes the largest host of source code in the world having more than 40 million users and 100 million repositories including at least 28 million public repositories. Good knowledge of a source control repository is mandatory for any programmer or software developer because you need to do check-in and check-out of code every day.
- Hosting for software development version control.
- Source code management functionality of Git with distributed version control.
- Provides access control.
- Various collaboration features such as bug tracking, feature requests, etc.
- Used for task management, and wikis for every project.
- Helps in Fast & Smart Editing by highlighting source code syntactically and semantically.
- Lets you Smart refactor code, with a range of handy and powerful tools.
- Supports cross-platform(Write Once, Run Anywhere, applicable) and works on any OS like Linux, Mac or Windows, etc.
- Provides editors, wizards, and templates to help you create applications easily.
- Helps in easy and efficient project management process and quick user interface development.
It is the most popular front-end open-source toolkit, an open-source and free framework for quick design, and customizes responsive and mobile website projects using CSS, HTML, and JS.
- Enables utilization of ready-made blocks of code.
- Responsive websites in a few seconds using built-in components by a smart drag and drop facility.
- You can customize it according to their project’s requirements.
- It has many useful open source SVG icon library to work.
- Offers an extensive list of components.
- Guarantees consistency among all the developers or users irrespective of who’s working on the project.
- It is a powerful PHP debugger.
- Using it you don’t need to remember the names of functions, arguments, tags or their attributes.
- It allows you to validate your code locally.
- Automatically detects the current server settings and configures corresponding files.
- Supports framework like Bootstrap, Nodejs, CodeIgniter, phalcon, etc.
- It is cross platformed hence can run on any OS like Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Unix, etc.
- It is is very efficient and super lightweight.
- Provide rapid and well-organized solutions for developing back-end platforms.
- Optimize throughput and scalability in web applications with event-driven architecture.
It is the most creative and leading IDE and RAD (Rapid Application Development) for visually creating Ajax-enabled and database-driven Web applications with minimal coding. It supports all databases, web servers and web technologies to make code charge a unique one. It is a complete toolbox for Web development.
- It separates the presentation layer from the coding layer by using a code generator and templating engine.
- Without programming, it uses point-and-click wizards for creating a record, search forms and grids.
- Provides an interactive user interface (UI) for the creation of web applications.
- Using naming conventions and comments it automatically structures the code.
- it supports any database that has web connectivity like MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, PostgreSQL, and Oracle, etc.
There are also many dev tools but this list of development tools is mostly used for the development of the modern project. Keep yourself updated and try to learn about the new tools to boost your productivity.
- What are Office Tools?
- Most Popular DevOps Tools
- 8 Most Used Data Science Tools
- Top 10 Hadoop Analytics Tools For Big Data
- Best Link Building Tools for SEO - Get More Backlinks
- 5 Must Have Tools For Web Application Penetration Testing
- Top 10 Kali Linux Tools For Hacking
- 10 Best Data Visualization Tools in 2020
- Automation Tools for Testing Android Applications
- Top 7 Tools For Startup Business in India 2020
- Top 7 Free Keyword Research Tools in 2020
- Top 7 Most Popular Computer Vision Tools in 2020
- 8 Useful Testing Tools, Libraries and Frameworks For React Developers
- Top 5 Free and Open-Source Version Control Tools in 2020
- 10 CSS Selectors Every Developer Should Know
- Know About Quantitative Developer
- How to become a Freelance Developer
- 10 Things You Should Know As a Web Developer
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.