SQL can execute queries, retrieve data, insert or delete records, create tables or stored procedures in a database, and so on. SQL is the most adaptable niche in the market. Switching the job once you enter in IT industry is not a big deal. The hardest part is in the beginning. But most of the students who are going to begin their career in the database using SQL must be looking for top high paying jobs in database or SQL related profiles. Read on to know about the various profiles associated with SQL or database.
As per the data found on various job websites, here are the top 10 high paying jobs that demand SQL:
1. Data Analyst 2. Database Developer 3. Database Administrator 4. Data Scientist 5. SQL Server Developer 6. Software Developer 7. Software Consultant 8. .Net Developer 9. ETL Developer 10. Big Data engineer
These are discussed as following below.
1. Data Analyst:
SQL is a must if you want to become a Data Analyst. SQL in data analysis is used for accessing, cleaning, and analyzing data that is stored in databases. Data analysts must be systematically talented so as to recognize designs inside enormous amounts of information. By expository aptitude we mean comprehension of mathematics, calculations, and statistics. With this, programming and MS Excel skills are mandatory.
The average salary of a Data Analyst is $60,187 per year.
2. Database Developer:
Database developers guarantee that DBMS’s can deal with monstrous amounts of data. Database developers generally deal with software development teams. It requires a high level of knowledge of SQL to pursue this career. The job of database developer regularly falls into three unmistakable territories:
- Modifying and editing databases
- Designing and developing new databases
- Investigating database issues
The average salary of a Database Developer is $98,415 per year.
3. Database Administrator:
A database administrator or database manager takes care of critical obligation as the overseer of an organization’s data. He/she is liable for transforming the crude information into actionable insight. So what does a database administrator do precisely ?
- Database installation and configuration
- Data security
- User creation and maintenance
- Database backups and recovery
- Database performance tuning and optimization
- Data transformation and loading
- Reporting and querying
The average salary of a Database Administrator is $94,406 per year.
4. Data Scientist:
A data scientist must have the ability to recover data. They may likewise use SQL to make their very own table or table environment. A data scientist comprehends both business and data. He will apply aptitudes in business, statistics, and data programming to the assortment of data or potentially its refinement, examination, and application to acquire the most primary concern advantage.
The average salary of a Data Scientist is high as $135,000 per year.
5. SQL Server Developer:
The MSSD plays a basic job in the extension of the Microsoft SQL Server and its related operational applications. He is responsible for different fundamental assignments, for example, doing the exercises identified with database and ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) to support and propel the Microsoft SQL Server’s operational stage. He takes a shot at the database programming to adequately resolve issues identified with the application.
The average salary of a SQL Server Developer is $102,400 per year.
6. Software Developer:
A software developer works in both design and development phases of the creation of software. He will regularly plot out the different parts of the automated errands that will be essential. He plans documentation and flowcharts to help represent the process of the software.
The average salary of a Software Developer is $102,528 per year.
7. Software Consultant:
Software Consultants create a range of database solutions given below:
- Database Development Services
- Database Administration and Maintenance Services
- MS SQL Database Trouble-shooting
- Database-optimization and performance scalability
- Database design while using Data modeling tool such as xCase
- Custom Reports using MS SQL report services
- SSIS SQL Server Integration Services
The average salary of a Software Consultant is $118,000 per year.
8. Dot(.) Net Developer:
Data is quickly getting one of the most significant parts of advancement, and .NET is no special case. .NET developers ought to be knowledgeable in Microsoft’s very own SQL databases as well as rising innovation, for example, NoSQL.
The average salary of a .Net Developer is $107,250 per year.
9. ETL Developer:
SQL is the lifeblood of ETL developers and is the mandatory language for them. All aspects of ETL are performed with SQL. There are other Query Languages that can be utilized, yet SQL is the most well-known for organizations. As a rule, ETL tools are extremely just SQL generators off camera, so it’s imperative to have the option to utilize both interchangeably.
The average salary of an ETL Developer is $107,250 per year.
10. Big Data Engineer:
Big data engineers work with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and so on. To work with these tools, proficiency with SQL is mandatory. SQL Server underpins PolyBase to inquiry Big Data utilizing T-SQL. You should be a master in SQL Server to implement your database knowledge. After all, you will be dealing with database and database initiates with SQL.
The average salary of a Big Data Engineer is $136,500 per year.
You are on your way!
With the above details, you might have understood now why SQL is a must-have skill for a technical as well as a non-technical individual. SQL enables you to work legitimately with essential information, instead of requiring another person to furnish you with composed datasets. This enables you to move speedier on strategy, lead projects independently, and become a technical asset to your organization.
Learning SQL is not at all challenging! You can produce incredible queries from unlimited permutations of the SQL statements. Keep in mind, the most ideal approach to bond the ideas and show signs of improvement in SQL are by rehearsing and tackling SQL issues. You can discover increasingly intuitive activities by going through SQL Server training and tune your SQL career.
“The more you practice the better you’ll be, the harder you train the extraordinary in you they’ll see.” – Alcurtis Turner.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Top 10 Highest Paying Tech Jobs
- Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs in Networking
- Top 10 Highest Paying IT Jobs in 2020
- Angular vs ReactJS : Which one is Most In-Demand Frontend Development Framework in 2019?
- 10 Best Work From Home Jobs
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- Artificial Intelligence(AI) Replacing Human Jobs
- High Availability Mechanism in Cassandra
- What to do when load on a Linux based web server goes high?
- Requirements and Responsibilities For Cyber Security Entry-Level Jobs
- 7 Tips to Score High in GATE 2020 in Last 10 Days
- If you’re not paying for a product, then you probably are the product
- Oracle Interview Experience (1.5 years Experienced)
- Citrix FTE Interview Experience
Improved By : satyabook