Round 1 Test
Duration 90 Minutes
No. of Questions 22 questions
Section 1: Data Structures, Hash maps, Tree Traversals, Basic pointer questions and Aptitude
Section 2: 1 Coding question based on DFS
Technical Interview (35-45 min)
Question 1: Introduce yourself.
Question 2: Being from a non-CS background (Civil Engineering branch), he asked me which coding language i am best at.
Question 3: Find the second largest prime number from a given array of positive integers. Also return it’s index in most optimal way
Question 4: Given an array of positive and negative integers, find the first missing positive number in the most optimal way.
Question 5: Which data structure would i use to program a jigsaw puzzle program and what methods would i use to solve the puzzle.
Puzzle Interview (40-45 min)
Question 1: Asked me questions based on my CV
Question 2: If a person travels from point A to point B at 20 km/h and returns at 30 km/h, calculate the average speed without using pen and paper.
Question 3: Asked the above question with different speeds to travelling.
Question 4: Given 8 balls of the same properties and one of these balls is defective and is heavier than the others. Calculate the minimum no. of steps to find the defective ball.
Question 5: Asked the above question, but this time we don’t know whether the defective ball is heavier or lighter than the others.
Question 6: 20 red balls and 16 blue balls are present in a bag. 2 balls are removed, if they are of the same color, then they are replaced by a red ball. If they are of different color, then they are replaced with a blue ball. Find the last ball to remain after the entire process.
Question 7: What is polymorphism with examples.
Question 8: What is operator overloading?. Give an example.
Question 9: Differentiate between method overloading and method overriding.
Question 10: Do you have any question for us?.
HR Interview (20 min)
Question 1: Questions based on my resume
Question 2: What do i know about Times Internet and the work that happens in TIL.
Question 3: Why was i opting for a job as software developer though i was from Civil Engineering background.
Be confident, think loudly, never panic and have a smile to your face always. You have already prepared hard for the recruitment process, it is just the confidence that matters. Don’t lose hope, there are many opportunities for you. Practice a lot of code and put geeksforgeeks as the homepage.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Times Internet Interview Experience | Set 2 (Experienced)
- Times Internet Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Mobile App Developer)
- Times Internet Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Back-end Java Developer)
- Times Internet Interview Experience On-Campus Fresher Hiring 2018
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)