A car travels with an average speed of S km/h without any stoppage and with stoppage the speed of car reduces to an average of S1 km/h. The task is to find the time wasted per hour for the stoppage.
Input: S = 50, S1 = 30
Output: 24 min
Input: S = 30, S1 = 10
Output: 40 min
Approach: Take the first example,
Speed of car without any stoppage = 50 kmph i.e. 50 km in 60 min.
Speed of car with stoppage = 30 kmph i.e. 30 km in 60 min.
Now, if there will be no stoppage then 30 km can be covered in 36 min.
50 km –> 60 min
30 km –> (60 / 50) * 30 = 36 min
but it takes 60 min.
So, time for stoppage per hour is 60 min – 36 min = 24 min.
This can be calculated using the below formula:
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
# Python3 implementation of the approach
# Function to return the time taken
# per hour for stoppage
def numberOfMinutes(S, S1):
Min = 0;
Min = ((S – S1) / math.floor(S)) * 60;
# Driver code
if __name__ == ‘__main__’:
S, S1 = 30, 10;
print(numberOfMinutes(S, S1), “min”);
# This code is contributed by Rajput-Ji
- Time when minute hand and hour hand coincide
- Time difference between expected time and given time
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand
- Calculate speed, distance and time
- Maximum possible time that can be formed from four digits
- Sieve of Eratosthenes in 0(n) time complexity
- Time taken by two persons to meet on a circular track
- To Generate a One Time Password or Unique Identification URL
- Time required to meet in equilateral triangle
- Probability of reaching a point with 2 or 3 steps at a time
- Space and time efficient Binomial Coefficient
- Finding the probability of a state at a given time in a Markov chain | Set 2
- Find Index of given fibonacci number in constant time
- MakeMyTrip Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus for Full Time)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.