As time module provides various time-related functions. So it is necessary to import the time module otherwise it will through error because of the definition of time.strftime(format[, t]) is present in time module.
time.strftime(format[, t]) function convert a tuprl or struct_time representing a time as returned by
localtime() to a string as specified by the format argument.
If t is not provided, the current time as returned by
localtime() is used. The format must be a string. ValueError is raised if any field in t is outside of the allowed range.
0 is a legal argument for any position in the time tuple; if it is normally illegal the value is forced to a correct one.
Syntax: time.srtftime(format[, t])
t – time in number of seconds to be formatted
format – This is of string type. i.e. the directives can be embedded in the format string.
Return value: None
There are many directives that can be embedded in the format string, you can refer them here.
- When used with the strptime() function, the %p directive only affects the output hour field if the %I directive is used to parse the hour.
- The range really is 0 to 61; value 60 is valid in timestamps representing leap seconds and value 61 is supported for historical reasons.
- When used with the strptime() function, %U and %W are only used in calculations when the day of the week and the year are specified.
Below is the implementation:
Example 1: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:09:52 + 1010 Example 2: Tuesday, 06/25/19 June 2019 10:09:52 + 0000 Example 3: Tue Jun 25 10:09:52 2019 Example 4: 20 Example 5: Tuesday, 06/25/19 June 2019, 10:09:52 AM, MOTY:06 DOTY:% j Example 6: 10:09 Example 7: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:09:52 + 0000 Example 8: 10:09:52 AM, 10:09:52 Example 9: 10:09:52 AM, 2, 25 Example 10: 10:09:52 AM, 26, 25, 2 Example 11: 06/25/19, 10:09:52, 19, 2019 Example 12: 10:09:52 AM, +0000, UTC
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Call function from another function
- Wand function() function in Python
- Returning a function from a function - Python
- wxPython - GetField() function function in wx.StatusBar
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Function Decorators in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Vulnerability in input() function – Python 2.x
- Function Annotations in Python
- Sorted() function in Python
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python - Using lambda function
- Python Numbers | choice() function
- Python | askopenfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | Binding function in Tkinter
- floor() and ceil() function Python
- ord() function in Python
- round() function in Python
- id() function in Python
- vars() function in Python
- Print powers using Anonymous Function in Python
- Zip function in Python to change to a new character set
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ManasChhabra2