A Thread class is responsible for creating and managing a thread in multi-thread programming. It provides a method known as ResetAbort which is responsible for canceling the abort request of the current thread. It prevents the ThreadAbortException from terminating the thread.
public static void ResetAbort ();
- ThreadStateException : If the Abort was not invoked on the current thread.
- SecurityException : If the caller does not have the required security permission for the current thread.
Below programs illustrate the use of ResetAbort() method:
My Thread is working..! Aborting thread Caught ThreadAbortException and reset Ex message: Thread was being aborted. Thread is alive and working..! Thread is finished its working..! Main thread ends
System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Unable to reset abort because no abort was requested.
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#
- C# | Uri.MakeRelativeUri(Uri) Method
- Array.GetValue() Method in C# with Examples | Set - 1
- C# | CharEnumerator.MoveNext() Method
- C# | Math.IEEERemainder() Method
- C# | Substring() Method
- C# | IndexOfAny() Method
- C# | CharEnumerator.GetType() Method
- File.GetLastWriteTimeUtc() Method in C# with Examples
- MathF.Sin() Method in C# with Examples
- Double.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- C# | Graphics.DrawLine() Method | Set - 1
- UInt16.GetHashCode Method in C# with Examples
- Stack.Peek Method in C#
- C# | IsNullOrEmpty() Method
- C# | Math.Sign() Method
- Int64.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- C# | PadRight() Method
- How to use Array.BinarySearch() Method in C# | Set -1
- C# | EndsWith() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.