The New Era of App – Intelligent Apps
From the early 2000s, a series of development and modification into the existing mobile phones carved the smartphone that we all use today. It is capable of doing many of our tasks hence making it an essential component in our lives. With smartphones, apps come into existence that programs to perform a specific task or to provide a specific service. Over time, many advances and modern applications have been made, which are not only able to do single tasks but are multitasking as well as able to do many complex operations. With the emergence of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, the viewpoint of developers and companies in the app market has completely changed. Apps that can be smarter and can learn from users who are much in demand.
With the growth and development in the artificial intelligence and machine learning industry, many technologies have emerged side by side using the later, as the foundation. We have been engulfed with these modern technologies and instruments, and so do the apps.
What are Intelligent Apps?
In simple terms, intelligent apps are one which uses modern technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning & some part of reinforcement learning. These apps are not intended to perform the basic operation, rather used to perform complex tasks that can be automated with continued usage, as the app learns from the operational behavior of the users. These apps can provide personalized user experience combined with the adaptability and richness. Intelligent apps use to power of combined data organization, user predictability, prescriptive analytics, consumer data, and operational data, thus providing the users a very rich experience.
Also termed as smart apps, developers, as well as many mobile app companies, have switched their focus from native-single-operational apps to intelligent apps. The app market is versatile and the technology changes that take place here are very rapid.
Characteristics of Intelligent Apps
1. Adaptive: Since the app will be used by thousands of users, the app is expected to be adaptive. Every user is different in their use, adaptability of the app plays a very crucial role. The use of machine learning helps the app to adapt to a common point where users share some of the similarities in their operations. In some apps, the use of reinforced learning is also being done, to produce a highly-satisfying user experience.
2. Suggestive & Decision-Oriented: While working with a large number of users, the intelligent apps does not wait for the user to decide, rather helps the users to decide what suits best for them, using the user interaction and artificial intelligence. It gives prompt to the users, to opt for a certain decision, but the final decision remains with the user. But yes, these apps can heavily impact on how users choose their decision and interact with the app.
3. Data Powered: Be it online data or offline data, intelligent apps are heavily dependent on data. Data is very essential for intelligence apps, as data serves as the warehouse of information. Most of these apps use online data and require an internet connection. These gather data from a variety of sources, such as online, user interaction, sensors, etc. & compile them, thus providing better user experience.
4. Responsive to Inputs: The inputs from the users are the rich source of information that the app can get. The inputs can be either in the form of text, photos, or voices. The app has to be responsive to the inputs, as these help in identifying the user and behavior.
5. Cross-Platform Operation: The app also should have the ability to understand the common responses and process the desired output. Also, some of the features require cross-platform operations, which can help the app to understand the user better when working with cross platforms. The role of artificial intelligence comes into the picture, which organizes and processes the output in a way that the users feel the same experience while working on cross platforms.
Prominent Sectors where Intelligent Apps can be Used
Intelligent apps are so powerful that every sector can use these apps, but the major sectors which can use the advantage of such apps are as below:
1. Healthcare Sector: One of the most important and evergreen sectors, which faces new challenges every single day, the healthcare sector can surely take advantage of smart apps. Many AI-based learning models are being used to train machines about the sector and also many low-level cures are being done using the solutions provided by artificial intelligence. With the onset of the new decade, healthcare and intelligent apps are a perfect match for each other.
2. Education Sector: Education in its form has already started to use the benefits of intelligent apps. Due to more focus on digital education, the market is set to reach high numbers in terms of income and growth. Intelligent apps can be used to asses students and understand their behavior and learning patterns, upon which a better and personalized learning model can be introduced in the education system. Intelligent apps can be used to provide learning assistance based on an individual’s learning ability.
3. Finance Sector: The finance sector is one of the largest sectors to target for any developer or company which makes intelligent apps. Finance, when combined with technology, is called, Fin-tech. With the help of smart apps, the financing sector can reap rewards of potentially high profit and stabilized market. The intelligent apps can accurately predict the changes in the market based on the ongoing as well as past events, analyzing the companies and their profit ratio.
4. Food Businesses: Smart apps are heavily used by users to order foods, book a restaurant, checking the nearest restaurants and not only that these apps also suggest users the meals based on their previous choices and their interaction with the app. The mode of marketing and user acquisition is completely changed, not only the app companies, but restaurants are also making profits and acquiring customers from delivering food online.
5. Hospitality Sector: Using intelligent apps in the right way can help the hospitality sector in taking the right steps to deliver a better experience to the customers. Smart apps can monitor the way guests behave, their needs, & they can predict the adequate personalized experience and can use better ways of marketing the products and services.