The Dark Web is that part of the internet where all the illegal works are done. You can access to the dark web through TOR(The Onion Router). The Hidden Wiki is the name used by censorship-resistant wikis operating as Tor hidden services that anyone can anonymously edit after registering on the site. The main page here serves as a directory of links to other .onion sites. So, the hidden wiki is also accessed from the TOR browser.
Early stage: The hidden wiki was first recorded in 2007 when it was located at 6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion. But later in 2011, a full-fledged website with many of the links found. Prior to August 2013, the site was hosted on domain “Freedom Hosting”. In March 2014 the site and its kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion domain was hacked and redirected to a new domain “Doxbin”.
Why it is used?
Hidden wiki is operated and run at .onion domains which are only accessed by TOR or TOR gateway. Hidden wiki is a website that has a link to all the hidden and secret/ illegal works such as money laundering, contract killing, cyber-attacks for hire, contraband chemicals, and bomb-making.
Fact: It is said that hidden wiki is a collection of links of websites, but many more thousands more websites are there on Darkweb which do not shows up on the hidden wiki.
How to Access: You can access the hidden wiki for educational purposes using this link:
Is HiddenWiki Illegal?
Hidden Wiki is not illegal to access in many countries. But doing Illegal work on Hidden wiki is illegal.
How hidden wiki work?
- On the hidden wiki, once you registered you can edit it.
- So people add more links to there services on Hidden Wiki.
- 8 Coding Style Tips for R Programming
- 5 Best Practices for Secure File Sharing
- 7 Best 3D Modeling Software for Beginners in 2020
- All About Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2020 - Software Edition
- 5 Things You Should Avoid While Using Social Media
- Tips for Website Building - From Development to Monetization Phase
- ISRO SC/Engineer Recruitment for CS Students - Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- How to Develop Successful Cloud-Based SaaS Application in 2020?
- Top 10 Libraries for Data Visualization in 2020
- 5 Reasons to Learn TypeScript in 2020
- Need of Data Structures and Algorithms for Deep Learning and Machine Learning
- Top Cloud Computing Platforms for Machine Learning
- Effective ways to increase Traffic on your Website
- How to Prepare for AWS Certification Exam?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.