Kivy is a platform-independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article we will learn how we can add a button with the Text input in kivy using .kv file in python just like the same we have in the input and submit button. So to make this you firstly must know about Textinput widget and Button in kivy.
TextInput: The TextInput widget provides a box for editable plain text. Unicode, multiline, cursor navigation, selection and clipboard features are supported.
Button: The Button is a Label with associated actions that are triggered when the button is pressed (or released after a click/touch). We can add functions behind the button and style the button.
Basic Approach - 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import widget 4) import Boxlayout 5) import textinput and Button 6) Set minimum version(optional) 7) Create Widget class 8) Create App class 9) create .kv file (name same as the app class): 1) create textinput 2) create Button 10) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 11) Run an instance of the class
Implementation of the Approach
.kv file implementation
Button is pressed
Button not pressed
Simple view (Close)
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Change button color in kivy using .kv file
- Circular (Oval like) button using canvas in kivy (using .kv file)
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- Disable Kivy Button
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Change the size and position of button in Kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
- Animated Floating Action Button in kivy - Python
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Convert Text and Text File to PDF using Python
- Python | AnchorLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.