Prerequisites: Python Programming Language
Python is a high-level widely used general-purpose language. Python can be used for many tasks such as web development, machine learning, Gui applications. It can also be used for testing Internet speed. Python provides various libraries for doing the same. One such library is
speedtest-cli. This library is a command-line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net
This module does not come built-in with Python. To install it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install speedtest-cli
After installing the above package one can check if the package is installed correctly or not by doing the version check. The version of the package can be checked using the following command
Speedtest-cli is a module that is used in the command-line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net. To get the speed in the megabits type the below command in the terminal.
The above command gives the speed test result is in Megabits. To get the result in Bytes we can use the following command.
The pictorial version of your speed test result can also be retrieved using this module. To do the same type the below command in the terminal.
It returns a link on which we can visit on our browser and see the graphical representation of various kinds of our internet speed.
To print a simpler version of the speed test result containing only Ping, Download & Upload results instead of detailed output.
Using Python script to check the internet speed
To get the list of all the available options, type the below command in the terminal.
- PyQt5 - Average Speed Calculator
- Python | Least Value test in Dictionary
- Python - Test if Tuple contains K
- Python | Test for False list
- Python - Test for Unique Frequencies
- Python | Test if string is subset of another
- Python | Test if String is Monotonous
- Python - Test Boolean Value of Dictionary
- Runs Test of Randomness in Python
- Python | Test if tuple is distinct
- Python | Test if element is dictionary value
- Python | K occurrence element Test
- Python | Test for nested list
- Python | Skipping Test Failures
- Python - Pearson's Chi-Square Test
- Python - Test for strictly decreasing list
- Python - Test Kth index in Dictionary value list
- Python - Test for empty Nested Records
- Python - Test Common Elements Order
- Python | Test list element similarity