Recently, TeraData visited our campus for both developer and test developer profiles. I have been shortlisted for developer profile.
Round 1 : Written Test
- 20 MCQs in a time limit of 40 mins. Questions were from DS, OS, Computer Organisation, Recursion, C.
- The level of the questions was medium to hard. Conceptual clarity is a must to crack this round. Only 4 candidates were shortlisted for the second round.
Round 2 : Technical Round:2 hours
Purely based on C,data structures and algorithms
- Given two sorted strings,of length m+n and n, merge them into a single sorted string of length m+n in place.
- Run length encoding. Take care of the worst case when each character is repeated only once.
- Mirror of a binary tree
- Design a stack data structure that allows push(key) pop() and max() in O(1). Efficient usage of space was required.
- Search in a row and column sorted matrix
- Root to leaf path equal to the given sum.
- Given an array find it an element that can be represented as subset sum of the array.
- Declaration of some complex function pointers.
Round 3 : Technical 2 hours
char* s1="first" char* s2="Second" char* a1=s1; char* a2=s2; call and define a procedure swap( ?,?) where '?'=any type of parameter u want such that s1="first",s2="Second",a1="Second",a2="first"
Lots of discussion on stack area segment,heap segment,and read only area segments.
- Recursive and iterative fibonacci series with exact complexities. Find nth fibonacci number . Fortunately gave it in O(1)
- char str1=”First”
char str2=”Second”;What does the following code do
while (*str++ = *str2++); str1 = 'X'; printf("%s", str1);
- MultiThreading concepts
- Semaphore programming
- User level and kernel level threads
- What is NULL. Internal details of the same
Third Round: HR + Technical : 1 hour
- Write code that returns true if a matrix is a subset of another matrix
- Tell me about yourself
- Why should i hire you?
- What if you dont get to learn new things from the company?
- What do you expect from the company?
- Discussion on projects
- Discussion on articles that I have contributed on for GeeksforGeeks.
Final Round: HR:1 hour
- Introduce yourself
- How did you overcome some serious problem of yours?
- Why did you work as an intern for a company that paid you nothing!
- What is so unique about you?
- What is your plan after 2 years from now.
- Would you want to work for 24hrs a day for the company.
- What do you do in your free time?
- Any questions you want to ask?
- Be honest. Don’t fake anything.
- Enjoy the interaction to the maximum.
- Interviewers are really friendly and help you to get the solution
- Don’t give up while solving a problem. Before writing the code, get all the details without any ambiguity from the interviewer
- Interviews are quite time taking. Be energetic and patient enough for the entire process.
- Last but not the least, work hard and prepare well before.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for Developer Profile)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 2
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 4 (On Campus - Feature Testing Role)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 5 (On Campus)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 6
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus)
- Teradata Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- Teradata Campus Interview Experience 2019
- Teradata Recruitment Process
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)