TekSystems Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
There was an on-campus drive of TEKsystems for the position of Trainee Engineer at our college.
The complete selection process consisted of 4 rounds.
- Online Test
- Group Discussion
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
The selection process took approximately 2 weeks.
Round 1: Online Test
The test was for 1 hour 12 minutes. It consisted of a few MCQs and coding questions. This was an Elimination Round Out of around 100-200 students, only 14 students moved on to the next round including me.
Round 2: Group Discussion
Level: Easy/Medium based on your confidence level
- This round was on Teams. 3 days after round 1. It was for around 30-45 mins. We all joined the meet and the interviewer gave us some instructions on what to do and what not to like “only 1 person should talk at a time”. Then we were asked to introduce ourselves. Everyone was given 2 mins.
- After this, we were given a GD topic on “Knowledge vs confidence” and asked to start after 5 mins. Students decided which side they wanted to be on and started to talk. This was a very simple topic so some students ended up repeating the same points over and over.
- The students who brought in new points without repeating the other candidate’s statement and those who were confident moved on to the next round. This was an elimination round. Only 7 students moved on to the next round including me.
Round 3: Technical Interview 1
Level: Easy/Medium based on your basics
This round was conducted after 7 days. Held on MS Teams every candidate was allotted 45 minutes for the interview. Don’t try to bluff with the interviewer, if you do not know the answer to the question then simply say I don’t know.
There were 2 interviewers both were very friendly. It was my first interview I was very nervous. The interview started with introducing myself and a few questions about my family, hobbies, etc.
- The interviewer asked me questions based on the programming language I chose which was JAVA and the other asked me questions on SQL. Some basic questions on OOPS, logic, and queries were asked in this round. Don’t panic remain calm and try to answer as many questions as you can
Tip: Revise your basics and you’ll be fine.
This was an Elimination round. Only 5 students moved on to the next round including me.
- At last, he asked that do I have any questions to ask him. I suggest you ask questions don’t worry they won’t scold you. It just shows how interested you are in the company.
Round 4: Technical Interview 2
- This round was conducted after 3 days. Held on MS Teams every candidate was allotted 15 minutes for the interview but ended up taking 45 mins.
- The interview started with introducing yourself and then continued with project-related questions like the technology used and your role in the project etc. The interviewer in this round was a senior in the company. Even he was really friendly. Not purchasing your project will be a plus for you in this round.
- At the end of the interview, he asked me a few questions about my hobbies. In my case, it was writing stories and I told him I also publish my stories on a site and he checked the site on spot. Please don’t bluff and try to not lie and you’ll be fine.
At last, he asked that do I have any questions to ask him. I asked some questions. We got the results in 2 days. I was selected.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!