Tekion Corp Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Tekion Corp visited our campus in Aug ’21 for placements and Students from CSE and ISE with CGPA > 7 were eligible to register. The written round consisted of 18 MCQs and 2 coding questions of medium and easy difficulty levels. MCQs were predominantly of JAVA output-based questions along with CS concepts like DBMS, OS, CN, OOPS, and aptitude. The questions were having different marks according to their complexity.
Coding questions were
- Something like a basic Electricity bill calculator problem in which we had to find out the time taken by the charger to fully charge when the charging level changes as per given data.
- Min size of a Board which can accommodate all the given n pieces with some constraints
Technical Interview 1:
30 students were shortlisted for the next round.
The interviewers were really friendly and they started with their intro and asked me to continue with the same. Next, we jumped straight into programming and he asked me https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-missing-number/ and we discussed various approaches to it. Techniques for resolving overflow while using Sum techniques were also stressed upon.
Next problem was to Detect if a string represented through Linked List is a palindrome or not. We had to screenshare the whole IDE as the process happened through a Zoom call and took time in writing driver code and initializing Linked lists. Hence, I directly jumped into writing the optimal solution after discussing different approaches. He was happy with the answers and proceeded to theoretical questions and asked the following questions.
- Explain the pillars of OOP elaboratively
- Discuss all the layers of OSI and TCP reference models and mention the protocols used in each the layers
- Significance of layered model
- Process and Threads
- Paging and Fragmentation
It took nearly an hour and at the end, he asked if I had any questions and ended the interview
Technical Interview 2:
After another hour, I received a mail with the invite link to the next round. I was excited and greeted the interviewer and he directly started with coding questions. To my surprise, all 3 questions asked in this round were of higher difficulty which created the feeling during the interview that this may be the last round for me. But I just kept on approaching the problem in various methods and managed to solve 2 questions completely and the other one partially. Overall, the interview took place for more than 1.5hrs and it was an awesome experience.
Questions asked in this round were
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/next-greater-element/ (Most Optimal soln was necessary)
- Another question whose problem statement itself was complex and took more than 10mins just to understand the question. It was similar to Given a number n, count the number of strings of length 2n such that when it is represented in 01s, the binary sum of 1st half is equal to the last half.
- Using Combinatorics and Dynamic Programming, I was able to crack this problem. The interviewer was generous enough to give me as much time I needed.
After a quick question on Deadlocks and Banker’s algorithm, the interview was ended, and immediately I received a mail for HR Discussion, which was scheduled in the evening
This round was a short interaction about myself and everything about me which took place for 25mins. It started with Tell me About Yourself and followed my questions like what new thing other than academics have you done in the pandemic, tell me one behavior of yours which your friends dislike about you, about an achievement of your in life which you’re proud of and so on. In the end, I was asked to say what I know about Tekion, and the whole process went smoothly.
Late at night, Final selects were announced and I was one of them!!!!!
Nothing other than the dedicated practice of coding questions and brainstorming about various approaches during the practice shall definitely help in improving your critical thinking. Just don’t stop anywhere and never hesitate to explore new things.
Please Login to comment...