Tech Aspect visited SRM Institute of Science and Technology in August 2019. The role offered was Associate SDE.
Round 1: Online Test included two sections:
It was an online test on the company-specific portal. Around 2000 students participated in this round.
Section 1 was verbal Question-15 MCQs were given, the time allotted to solve was 30 minutes. All questions were reading comprehension. The level was easy to medium.
Section 2 was the basic coding section. It consists of 2 questions, the time allotted to solve was 30 minutes. First one was the school level question, you just need to sum of the array from (j=0 to that iteration) at every iteration with space. The second question was kind of pattern matching I used Optimized Naive Pattern Searching.
After this round around 300 students gets shortlisted.
Round 2: Hackerank Test: It had 5 questions. For getting to the next round you need to solve 2 questions. The time given was 2 Hours. All were medium level questions. The two questions which I had solved were:
- Didn’t remember exactly but it was a kind of Hashing and Sorting question and input values was very large so you need to take care of that.
- The second was similar to the anagram problem. I had used Counters of python to solve it.
After this round around 60 shortlisted for Technical and HR Round.
Round 3: Technical Interview Round
- Tell me about yourself.
- Internship and projects.
- OOPs, concept.
- DDL, DML, DCL
- All types of Data Structures you know
- Which type of data structure do you use for searching? Implement it.
- When to use a linked list and Array?
Round 3: HR Round
- Are you comfortable to work in all shifts?
- Your strengths.
- Why do you want to join Tech Aspect?
- Any question you wanted to ask?
After the interviews, 16 students were selected and I was one of them.