This is a TCS model placement paper for aptitude preparation. This placement paper will cover aptitude questions that are asked in TCS recruitment drives and also strictly follows the pattern of questions asked in TCS interviews. It is recommended to solve each one of the following questions to increase your chances of clearing the TCS interview.
- All even numbers from 2 to 98 inclusive the both, are to be multiplied together. What is the unit digit of the product?
Answer: b) 0
Let us look at the sequence of the multiplications,
2 * 4 * 6 * 8 *10* 12 * 14 * 16 * 18 *…* 98
If we look closely we will find that the units place of every number forms a sequence of 2, 4, 6 ,8 and 0 multiplying to a number whose units place is always 0 and in all we get 0. So the unit digit of final number = 0.
- 10 programmers are able to type 10 lines in 10 minutes. How many programmer are required to type 60 lines in 60 minutes?
d) None of the above
Answer: a) 10
This is a simple question of logical reasoning. If 10 programmers can type 10 lines of code in 10 minutes then to type 60 lines of code, in 60 minutes, the same 10 coders will be required, since the lines of code and time are in proportion
- Anil works for 8 straight days and rest on the 9th day. If he starts his work on Monday, then on which day he gets his 12th rest day?
Answer: c) Wednesday
Anil works for 8 days and rests on 9th day. In total 9 days are to be processed 12 times = 12 * 9 = 108.
If we calculate according to the week, we get 108 / 7 = remaining 3 days. So if Anil starts working on Monday, he will rest on third day of the week which is Wednesday.
- Overfishing is a serious environmental issue. The scientists were able to determine that if the net of a trawler has a mesh size of ‘x’ cm (a square mesh), then the percentage of fish entering the net is caught in the net is expressed in form of the quadratic equation, 100 – 0.04x^2- 0.24x. For example, if the mesh size is zero, 100% of the fish that enter the net will be caught. A trawler with a net with a square mesh, that was suspect of using an illegal size net, dropped its net to the ocean floor near the Lakshadweep and the coast guard, arrested the crew. It was later looked at the size of the fish caught and estimated that for the net used by the trawler, at least 97.8% of the fish entering the net would be caught. What is the maximum value of x for the net used by the trawler?
Answer: d) 5
According to the question,
for few values of x, the total fish caught is 97.8%. So
=> 100 – 0.04x^2- 0.24x = 97.8
=> 0.04x^2 + 0.24x = 2.2
=> 4x^2+ 24x = 220
=> x^2+ 6x – 55 = 0
Solving, we get x = 5 and -11
So, the value of x = 5 has to be positive and hence the answer.
- The rejection rate for Audi production was 4 per cent, for Mercedes it was 8 per cent and for the 2 cars combined it was 7 per cent. What was the ratio of Audi production?
Answer: c) 3/1
Using the simple weighted average formula we get,
(4x + 8y)/(x+y) = 7
or, 4x + 8y = 7x + 7y
or, a/b = 3/1
- A team of 11 is needed to be formed who are to be selected from 5 men and 11 women, with the restriction of selecting not more than 3 men. In how many ways can the selection be done?
Answer: d) 2256
Selecting 0 men and 11 women = 5C0 * 11C11 = 1
Selecting 1 men and 10 women = 5C1 * 11C10 = 55
Selecting 2 men and 9 women = 5C2 * 11C9 = 10 * 55 = 550
Selecting 3 men and 8 women = 5C3 * 11C8 = 10 * 165 = 1650
So total number of ways = 1650 + 550 + 55 + 1 = 2256 way
- There are two bags containing white and black marbles. In the first bag there are 8 white marbles and 6 black marbles and in the second bag, there are 4 white marbles and 7 black marbles. One marble is drawn at random from any of these two bags. Find the probability of this marble being black.
Answer: c) 41/77
Probability of drawing a black ball from the first bag is = 6C1 / 14C1
Probability of drawing a black ball from the second bag is = 7C1 / 11C1
Total probability = 1/2 * (6C1/14C1) * (7C1/11C1) = 41/77
- There is a city where all 100% votes are registered. Among this 60% votes for Congress and 40% votes for BJP. Ram, gets 75% of congress votes and 8% of BJP votes. How many votes did Ram get?
a) 48.2 %
b) 56.6 %
c) 42.8 %
d) 64.4 %
Answer: a) 48.2 %
Let the total number if votes = 100. So Ram gets,
75% of 60 = 60 * 0.75 = 45 votes
8% of 40 = 40 * 0.08 = 3.2 votes
Thus total number of votes that Ram gets = 48.2 %
- John is faster than Peter. John and Peter each walk 24 km. Sum of the speeds of John and Peter is 7 km/h. Sum of time taken by them is 14 hours. Find John’s speed.
a) 4 km/h
b) 5 km/h
c) 3 km/h
d) 7 km/h
Answer: a) 4 km/h
We know that John’s speed is greater than Peter’s speed and the sum of there speed is 7.
So the combinations are = (6, 1), (5, 2), (4, 3)
Now checking from the options if John’s speed is equal to 4, then Peter’s speed is 3,
or, the time taken by them = 24/4 + 24/3 = 14 hours.
- If f(x) = 2x + 2 what is the value of f(f(3))?
Answer: d) 18
f(f(3)) = 2(f(3)) + 2
=> 2(2(3) + 2) + 2
=> 16 + 2 = 18
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 2
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 3
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 4
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 8
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 1
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 5
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 9
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 6
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 7
- TCS Placement Paper | E-mail Writing
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 4
- IBM Placement Paper | Quantitative Analysis Set - 4
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 3
- IBM Placement Paper | Quantitative Analysis Set - 3
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : RupalRaturi