TCS NQT Interview Experience
TCS is hiring graduates through the National Qualifier Test (NQT) drive for selected colleges. They will be hiring fresher graduates from India and are providing two offers, one is TCS Ninja profile and another is TCS Digital. The entire process on online
TCS Ninja: You will get if you solving only standard questions.
TCS Digital: You will get if you solved both standard and advanced questions.
- % Criteria: A candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 60% throughout in Class X, XII, Diploma (if applicable), UG & PG (if applicable).
- Backlogs: A candidate should not have more than 1 pending backlog at the time of appearing for the test.
- Gap Criteria: The overall gap in academics should not exceed 2 years. All academic courses should be finished within the stipulated course duration as per TCS Eligibility Criteria and/or they should be completed within the duration as prescribed by the Board/University.
Interview Process :
- 10 English questions for 10 minutes.
- 20 aptitude questions(15 standard questions + 5 advanced questions for digital) for 40 minutes.
- 10 programming concepts MCQ questions( 7 standard questions + 3 advanced questions for digital) for 20 minutes.
- Coding one question for 20 minutes. Question: Nth number of the Fibonacci series.
Here most importing thing as per my perspective, we should work for a coding session if we get an output then there would be more possibilities to get shortlisted for the next round. I have solved the standard questions in aptitude and programming concepts and got the output for coding as well so after two weeks I got a mail from TCS for the next round(TCS Ninja).
Round 2 (Technical Interview): This was a virtual video conference interview round. My interview was started after all the document verification completed, There were three interviewers.
The interviewer shooted questions all about my resume content, the following are the questions that I was asked by the interviewer in the technical interview.
- Tell me about yourself
- I had an intern in bigdata so questions asked what is big data and the MapReduce concept
- What is a stack?
- What is a queue?
- What are all the types and differences of the queues?
- Explain any one of the greedy algorithms.
- What is a table in the database?
- What is the index in the table?
- Explain joins in the table and their differences.
- Explain the software development cycle.
- what is functional and non-functional testing?
- Why do you want to join TCS?
- Are you willing to relocate if required?
- Finally, Interviewer asked do you have any questions, I asked what are all the qualities should TCScier have and the interviewer explained the details for 5 minutes.
This is how my interview went, some of the questions I don’t know the answer, so I frankly said I don’t know. I waited for a month, finally, I got a mail from TCS you know what, I got selected!
- Be prepared with all things that you have mentioned in your resume.
- Interviewer will not expect you to answer all the questions so if you don’t know the answer simply say I don’t know and I will learn in the future.
All the best!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!