Round 1: The first round was NQT which consisted of English, Aptitude, Technical MCQs and Coding. It had sectional cutoff(undisclosed by TCS). The exam can be attributed as a simple to moderate level exam. Its results were announced and students were subsequently called for interviews.
Round 2: I was called on August 26 for a face to face interview at one of the TCS’s offices in Hyderabad. I was allotted a slot at 1:30pm but it took 5:00pm for the interview to begin. The round2 was a technical round. When i entered the room, the interviewer skimmed through my resume and asked me to introduce myself. After the introduction, she asked me which subject was I good at in my entire course. I said DBMS after which she asked me to give an overview of the subject. Later she asked me about DDL, TCL etc. commands. Then she asked me a file transfer program in java. I answered it well. Next she asked me Technical questions from the languages mentioned in resume. Later she asked me a variable swapping code in C. Then I was asked in depth about my projects. I answered all questions to her satisfaction. The interview went on for about 45 minutes.
PS: Make sure whatever you write in your resume is true and you are ready to answer any question pitched from your resume.
Round 3: After the technical round, I was asked to attend the HR round. The HR round began with an introduction and later I was given a few scenarios and asked what would you choose if you where there. Then I was questioned why I don’t consider joining dad’s business and more questions regarding my family and my plans for higher education were asked. Then I was asked generic questions about relocation and future goals. The interview was done well and 2 weeks later I received a mail from TCS saying that I was selected.
This was my first interview and I was immensely pleased that I could get through!!
- Interview Experience at Naggaro 2019 (3 yrs of Experience)
- OYO Interview Experience - SDE (2019)
- OYO Interview Experience 2019
- TCS Codevita 2019 Interview Experience
- InfyTQ Interview Experience - 2019
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- Dehivery Interview Experience 2019
- NSEIT Interview Experience 2019
- TCS digital 2019 Interview Experience
- IIT Bombay PhD Interview Experience 2019
- Infosys SE / SES / PP Interview Experience 2019
- IBM Interview Experience | On-Campus 2019
- TCS Interview Experience (On-Campus 2019)
- Samsung Interview Experience 2019
- MakeMyTrip Interview Experience 2019
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.