TCS Ninja Interview Experience
TCS is hiring this year through the National Qualifier Test (NQT) drive for selected colleges, this year due to COVID-19 the hiring process is online. They will be hiring fresher graduates from India and are providing two offers, one is TCS Ninja profile and another is TCS Digital.
Round 1(Online test): I wrote the NQT test on 25th October 2020 and It consists of an online test that consists of the following 4 sections.
- Aptitude (Quants and Logical)
- Programming MCQs
- 1 coding problem
I cleared that round and got an update through mail on 10 November 2020 and my interview got scheduled on 13th November 2020 (online F2F on Webex). They sent the mail just around 8 pm on 11th November and the interview was at 12:30 pm noon. I just had 36 hours to prepare for the interview. So, I quickly brushed up all the concepts I know as much as possible.
Round 2(Technical Interview): This was a face-to-face interview round. My reporting time was 12:25 pm and After that, all the Document verification was done by the panel, There were three interviewers. What I guess if you perform well in the TR round then only they will ask you to send your documents for verification at the end of the interview to one of the Interviewer’s mail id.
The following are the questions that I was asked by the interviewer in the technical interview:
- Tell me about yourself. This was the first question asked by the interviewer and it’s the most common question that will be asked for sure. So be prepared well in advance.
- The interviewer asked about my skill set, which language I am comfortable with. Be careful what you tell here as questions will be asked from them for sure.
- The first question was to write a code for the Fibonacci series.
- Algorithm for Bubble and Quicksort techniques.
- Which is the better sorting technique and Why?
- Explain your projects in brief.
- Explain the delete method in context for SQL.(I answered I don’t know about this. PS:- Just say if you don’t know. Don’t give the wrong answer.
- Differences between i++ and ++i.
- Difference between Abstraction and inheritance in oops?
- What do you know about Class in OOPS write a code for a class and object ( screen sharing was on you have to write in note pad)
Some HR question asked:
- Why TCS?
- Being an electronics student why I want to join an IT company?
- What is your career objective, Future Plans?
- As you mentioned your Leadership capability in your resume (IEEE Society) How will you justify this thing to us, Share any experience with us where you showed your leadership skills.
- It was a situation based question Like what if you stuck in a project and your team wants to quit how would you react to that situation
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you ready for relocation? (Always say yes to this)
- The HR then explained to me about the bond and 1-year service agreement. (50k bond amount with 3 months notice period)
- Do you have any questions? (I asked what type of project I can get if got selected, They answered depends on the ILP (initial learning program score and project priority of company it can be development, research, or testing)
So, this was my amazing TCS interview experience. I got selected! They mailed our college TPO the list of selected students. We get the result on 25th December 2020.
- Be Confident, Be Honest, have faith in yourself that you can do well or manage. Don’t pretend that you are not in the interview. Be careful.
- Agree for relocation, service agreement bond if you want the job.
All the Best!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.