TCS Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-campus)
Round 1: Aptitude Test
This test consisted of all the various aptitude problems from variety of topics like puzzles, arithmetic & geometric series, permutation–combination, clocks and calendars, upstream-downstream, average, coding-decoding.
To clear this test one should be good at mathematics , verbal ,non verbal and quantitative aptitude. I would say RSAgarwal will be the best to prepare to clear this round .
Round 2: Technical Round
The companies like TCS give a thorough training to any hired employee. So they expect us to be good at basics of the subjects. I was asked a few questions like:
1. Difference between C++ and JAVA
2. Write an SQL query – how would you find the second largest number in table
3. What was your project in third semester??Any internship?
I explained them but they were not very happy with the work I did.
4. Topologies of LAN
5. Which is my favorite subject? I told them data structures and they asked me some questions like binary search tree, insertion of an element in a tree, linked list advantages etc
This round went well. I was able to answer almost all questions correctly.
Round 3: HR Round
- Your family background
- Are you willing to move to any part of country?
You should readily agree to this as far as I think. They don’t expect you to say NO.
- You weakness & strength. You may read https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/10-mistakes-people-tend-to-do-in-an-interview/ to see answers to all common questions
After a wait of almost 7-8 hours, they declared the result and I got SELECTED 🙂
If you like GeeksQuiz and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on GeeksQuiz and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.