I had written the National qualifier test(NQT) conducted on 2nd September 2018 and I got a mail saying I had qualified the test. Later, I got the mail with the interview details on 28th September saying it was scheduled on 7th October at MGIT, Hyderabad(Well, this gave me a lot of time for preparation).
On the day of my interview I wore formals and reached 2 hours before the schedule time i.e. 2:30 PM. There were a lot of girl students coming out as they had their interviews scheduled in the morning. I was very calm and tried to recollect what ever I had prepared (I didn’t take carry study material with me). Then all the students were made to sit in a classroom on 2nd floor and the students were called one by one alphabetically. My turn came up and I went downstairs to 1st floor and was seated in a chair. I waited for about 30 more minutes before my name was called. Finally, my name was called and I walked in.
There were two panel members, a lady(P1) and a gentleman (P2).
Me while entering the room “good afternoon sir”.
P1 & P2: Good afternoon have a seat.
P2: Introduce yourself along with your family background.
P1: So are you a CSE graduate?
Me: Yes ma’am
P1 to P2: Shall we start sir?
P2 to P1: Sure ma’am.
P1 to P2: Ok you start sir.
P2 to me: Write a C program to implement a calculator with two operations.
Me: I used switch case and wrote the program to solve it.
P2(after going through my program): Ok, what is a an array?
P2: What is a structure?
P2: What is Union?
Me: Answered giving the same definition as that of structure
P2 immediately: Then what is the difference between these two?
Me: Answered saying difference comes in the memory allocation.
P2: Ok, what is a tree?
Me: Took some time and answered in my own words.
P1: Ok so you have mentioned Java in your resume right?
Me: Yes ma’am
P1: Ok then write a Java program to check if a number is prime or not.
Me: Wrote the program.
P1: Everything with your program is ok, but is there anything you can improve in it?
Me thinking hard: Finally understood what P1 was thinking. I immediately changed the part of “for loop” to reduce the number of iterations.
P1: Good! Ok, what are OOPS concepts?
P1: Ok, explain me about your project.
Me: Explained my Android application with a UML diagram.
P1 to P2: Ok sir I’m done.
P2 to me: What are DDL, DML and DCL commands in mySQL?
P1 and P2: Ok go ahead for the HR round!
Me: Thank you!
Technical Round done(Took me 35 min.)! TR and HR were conducted separately. Students who couldn’t perform well in TR were directly sent home. I was very fortunate to clear it.
Waited for 15 min. for HR round. Finally, it was my turn.
Me while getting in: Good afternoon sir!
HR: Good afternoon!
For 2 min. he was looking into his laptop. I was patiently waiting. Then..
HR: Do you have any relocation constraints?
Me: No sir I’ll work anywhere in India.
HR: Ok, why is there a dip in your B.Tech percentage?
HR: Any gaps or backlogs?
Me: Yes sir I have 1 active backlog
HR: Which sem and which subject?
Me: Introduction to analytics in 3-2.
HR: Why couldn’t you clear it?
HR not convinced: Hmmm, ok how do you classify IT industry?
Me: Into service based and product based companies.
HR: Good, what does TCS come under?
Me: Service based company
HR: Ok, what does TCS do?
Me: Work on outsourced projects.
HR laughing: Not only TCS every company does that.
Me smiling: Oh, ok sir.
HR: Any questions?
Me: Yes and asked a question.
HR gave a vauge answer.
HR round done!
Got mail with offer letter attached in 2 days!
All the best guys!!!
- TCS Interview Experience for fresher(Off-Campus Drive)
- TCS off campus drive through Codevita
- Zoho Interview Experience | Set 10 (Off-Campus Drive)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 36 (Off-Campus Drive)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 35 (Off-Campus Drive)
- Zoho Interview Experience | Set 15 (Off-Campus Drive)
- Zoho Interview Experience | Set 28 (Off Campus Drive)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1)| Off-Campus | Recruitment Drive
- Accenture Interview Experience for Full Stack Developer(FSD) and Associate Software Engineer (ASE) | Off-campus drive 2020
- Wipro Interview Experience | Off-Campus Drive
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. Interview Experience (Off-Campus Internship drive 2020)
- TCS NQT Coding Questions & How Coding Task Evaluated in TCS NQT
- Cognizant Off-Campus Drive Experience
- Amdocs Off Campus Interview | Set 13 (Off-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- Zoho Interview | Set 8 (Off-Campus Drive for Project Trainee)
- Wipro off campus drive Interview
- TCS Interview Experience: Off-Campus Interview through Codevita
- Zoho Off Campus Drive | Set 26 (Software Developer)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.