Hello everyone. I attended TCS Smart Hiring for BCA/B.Sc batch of 2019 and 2020 year of passing.
Round 1: Online Test
Venue: Console Management Pvt Ltd, Reshmi Tower main building, Kolkata
Reporting Time: 04:00 PM
Test Timing:05:00 PM-7:00 PM
The first round of TCS smart hiring was an online test. The total duration of test was 60 minutes. The test was divided into three sections:
There were 10 questions in each section. We had to answer 30 questions in total. The questions were based on general english, quantitative mathematics and computer fundamentals. On 11/12/2019 I received a mail from tcs talent acquisition team where they had mentioned that I had successfully cleared the online test and will be shortly updated about the interview schedule. The next day I received mail from campus recruitment team where they mentioned that my interview is scheduled on 08/01/2020 at TCS Gitanjali Park, Kolkata. And my reporting was 8.00 Am.
Round 2: Technical and HR Interview
Venue: TCS Gitanjali Park, Kolkata
Reporting Time: 8:00 am
Before starting the interview they verified all our mark sheets from 10th to graduation. After verifying our mark sheets we were told to be seated in visitor’s area we would be called up for the interview by the respective panelist. There were 30 panels with each panel having 3 panelist and one of the panelist was HR. After 45 minutes of my verification of mark sheets my name was called up by the panelist for interview. The technical and hr interview were taken together.
The first question that I was asked was Tell me about yourself ? I answered, ” Hello sir and madam, I am Jash Kothari , I have recently completed my graduation in Bachelors of Computer Application, I have taken training’s and done projects on topics like Core Java, Web Application Development with Java, Android Application Development and Internet Of Things”. Then they looked at my resume and asked me to tell them about the online cafeteria portal project, I answered that it is web based portal which is like cafeteria where there is a menu of food items and the customer has to select which food item he wants to eat and order it online. It works just like Swiggy and Zomato. Afterwards they asked me what is polymorphism? I said it is ability to exist in more than one form they told me to explain it by writing a program. I wrote program and explained it. Then they asked me to write down the update and delete query of sql. Later they asked me, how to add numbers in excel? I answered using sum function and this was the last technical question that they asked.
After answering the technical questions the HR sitting on my panel asked me question, ” If I am told to work in night shifts will I be flexible with it”, I answered yes. Then she asked me, ” We send our employees to work in different locations in India and abroad as well as per our business requirement will I be flexible with work location”, I answered yes. The next question that I was asked was, ” What do you feel that you are lacking”, I said I lack work experience. After that I was told wait at visitors area. I waited for an hour and then the panelist came and told me that I can leave so I left.
On 16/01/2020 I received a mail from TCS where they said that basis of my performance in online test and interview I was shortlisted for offer with TCS and soon I will receive my offer letter. And on 24/01/2020 I received my offer letter and I accepted it. Overall it was nice interview experience for me.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- Mentor Graphics (Siemens) Interview Experience (For Experience – 3 yrs) | Sr. MTS
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.