TCS Innovator Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
TCS hires candidates for Innovator profile from IITs, NITs, IIITs and Top Institutes. Through this hiring you will get a Research role in the TCS Research and Innovation Unit.
On 9th January 2021 TCS conducted an online test for this profile.
There are 15 questions from Aptitude and 15 questions from English Grammar.
There were 2 coding questions after that.
Sufficient time was given for the test.
Marks are deducted for wrong answers.
After this round, 21 students are selected for the Interview round.
Received a mail on 21st January that my interview is scheduled for 22nd January. Be ready with all the documents.
Got a call around 3pm in the afternoon. There were 4 people in the interview panel.
They welcomed me and started with the basic formalities like show your aadhar card, Xth Marksheet, 12th Marksheet, Recent Semester Mark-sheet and lastly told me to present my resume on the screen.
1. Introduce yourself.
I have taken 3 minutes for introducing myself in which I have mainly told them about my internship, project work, research work & area of interest.
2. Then they have asked questions from my internship like on which tech stack I have done work, what was my contribution and what are the outcomes of that internship.
3. Then they moved to project section in my resume, I have mentioned 2 project on machine learning in my resume. So, they first asked me to briefly explain them about the project. Later, they asked me about my favorite ML algorithm and why it is better than others.
4. What is ‘training Set’ and ‘test Set’ in a Machine Learning Model?
5. When will you use Classification over Regression?
6. What is deep learning, and how does it contrast with other machine learning algorithms?
7. Do you have research experience in machine learning?
8. Moving on, then other interviewer asked me What I have done during pandemic like I did any Certification or coursework ?
-> I told them that I have done certification in cloud technology and completed 2 courses of ML from Coursera.
9. What is Cloud Computing ? What are IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS ? Do you have any experience of Azure, AWS or GCP ?
10. What is MongoDB and how it is better than MySQL ? What are the major differences between these two ?
11. What is the static keyword, static function, Pointer and its uses ?
12. What are the common keywords in python ?
14. What are the parameters in a function ?
15. What is Polymorphism ?
16. What is BCNF and 2NF ?
17. What is Indexing and ACID properties in DBMS ?
Then they asked me a puzzle.
They gave me few minutes for this and allowed me to use pen paper. After few minutes I gave them a general formula.
19. In how many hackathons you have participated ?
20. What you will do if your interested field is not given during Job ?
21. Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years ?
and the last question was
22. Why TCS ?
Interview takes around 45 to 50 minutes and it was held on Microsoft Team.
On 27th January received a message from our placement cell that out of 21 students 7 students have been selected for Innovator role and I was one of them.
I got my offer letter on 12th February from NextStep portal.
- Be Confident.
- Revise the projects that you’ve mentioned in your resume, you’ll get a lot questions from those.
- If you don’t know the answer, just tell them what you know and also mention them that you aren’t aware of exact answer. Don’t say NO immediately to any questions that you don’t know.
It is a good thing that TCS upgrades your offer if you cleared the test. I got upgraded from Digital to Innovator. So, Don’t lose hope if you are having Ninja/Digital offer from TCS.
You can checkout my TCS Digital Interview experience here. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/tcs-codevita-interview-experience-season-9-2020-2/