Round 1: Online Test
Round 1 comprised of an online test. It included Aptitude, General English, Programming logic and one coding question. Aptitude questions were of medium difficulty and included highschool maths questions. English and programming logic were fairly easy. You just have to mind the time limit. Programming logic contained general java, C++, python questions. The coding question was a simple recursive question.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The panel had 2 members. They were very friendly. They started by asking whether I was familiar with any Digital technologies (IoT, Blockchain, AI, Cloud, Big data, etc.)
- Explain any Machine learning algorithm.
- What is machine learning? How will you explain it to a naive user?
- What is blockchain?
- Can data in a blockchain be altered?
- Your favorite programming language? Write a code to find a loop in a linked list.
- Difference between structure and class?
- What is serialization?
- Questions based on concurrent transactions.
- What are locks in SQL? More questions based on locking.
- Then they discussed my projects. This took about 15 minutes.
- At last a brief discussion on my resume, mainly concerning my hobbies.
Round 3: HR Interview
I was called for HR immediately after the technical interview.
- What do you understand by the term ‘Digital’ (as in TCS Digital)?
- Why should we hire you? and more behavioral questions. Then she asked for my mark sheets and other documents. The HR interview took around 15-20 minutes.