TCS Digital Interview Experience 2020
TCS came to my college to recruit for the digital profile. We had an aptitude test on a day and a coding test on another day. Aptitude had easy MCQs and the coding test had 2 coding questions on the TCS Ion platform. The first question was easy based on the array and you need to complete the first question in order to move to the second question which was tough, and the question was on a string. Both aptitude and coding round marks decide your chances of being called for an interview. The interview was scheduled for me, after 3 weeks from the day of the test.
Round 1: Technical Round
- The interview was conducted on Cisco Webex. There was 3 panelist, who took technical, managerial and hr rounds.
- He asked me to introduce myself and based on his reply. He started asking questions. I told them that I have done a project on web development. So he asked questions as follows:
- Explain your project?
- What do you mean by a framework?
- What is a cookie?
- How to create a session?
- What are servers?
- What is the difference between the getting and POST methods?
- After this, he asked about the OOPS concept and DBMS.
- What do you understand by oops and what it has to offer?
- What is friend function?
- What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
- What are types of inheritance?
- What are ACID properties?
- What is normalization?
- He asked me to write SQL queries that involved group by, max, count.
Round 2: Managerial Round
- What is an area of your interest?
- How does the internetwork?
- He asked about the hyperloop and Elon musk. (about his work)
- Why TCS?
- How many companies are under Tata?
- Products of TCS?
Round 3: HR Round
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you play any sports?
- Why you chose Computer Science and Engineering?
- What if we offer you Ninja Profile, will you consider it? (that was the unexpected question)
- That was my interview experience which lasted for 75 mins. And I was selected for TCS Digital Profile.
- Go through past interview questions, questions will be similar. Prepare a good introduction of yourself.
- Avoid adding topics you are not confident, on your resume.
- They don’t expect you to know everything, if you don’t know the answer, tell them u don’t know instead of making guesses and give your best in the next question.
All the best!