TCS Digital Interview Experience 2020
Round 1: TCS conducted an Online Aptitude test which consisted of two parts:
Part A – Conducted on 3rd October
- English (10 mins)
- Quantitative Aptitude (40 mins)
Part B – Conducted on 4th October
- Advanced Coding (70 mins)
Result: The result of the first round was communicated through mail on 10th October. 48 students cleared the first round including me.
My Interview was scheduled for 12th October at 4 PM IST.
Round 2: First I was asked to produce documents such as Government ID Proof, College Marksheets, after which I was asked whether I had any current backlogs or not. They also asked If I had any gap in education.
This round was a Technical and HR round with a panel of three members. (2 Technical HR and 1 Normal HR).
Most of the questions were asked about the skills that I had mentioned in my resume.
Important Note: Please don’t add any skills of which you are not confident in your resume.
- Tell me about yourself.
It is very important to create a great first impression here. Be honest and talk confidently. These were some questions asked during the interview.
Technical Questions: Following on what I said as the last point in the above question (I said that I had special interests in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Quantum Computing), they started asking questions on AI such as what are the applications of AI.
- What are the annotations in Java?
- What are wrapper classes in Java?
- Explain about keys in RDBMS.
- What is an interface in Java (Scenario based Questions to check the understanding of the difference between the usage of abstract classes and interfaces)?
- Write a Python program to find the max of two numbers.
- Write a Python program to sort a dictionary by key.
- How would you rate yourself in Java on a scale of 10?
- Have you participated in Hackathons/workshops or paper presentations?
- Deep discussion about projects – the Teck Stack used and its applications and project development lifecycle.
Be sure that you are thorough with the working of the projects and you are in a position to explain the intricacies. This project discussion alone took around 20-25 mins. You can bring in the interviewers into your comfort zone and the interview will go on smoothly. As I had done enough projects in the field of Mobile Application Development and Web Development, I really enjoyed explaining about my projects.
- What are the applications of Artificial Intelligence?
- What is the difference between Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning?
They were really satisfied with the way I answered the questions and were impressed with my projects. This round lasted for a period of 45-50 minutes.
At last, they asked If I had any questions, I asked what will be the work environment in TCS and what would a typical day look like?
The interview ended with a Thank-you note.
Results: The results were declared on 18th October and total of 28 candidates were selected of which 11 got Digital Offer (including me) and the rest 17 got Ninja Offer.
I would like to thank Geeks for Geeks which helped me in improving my programming skills.