TCS Digital 2019 Interview Experience
I got selected for TCS Digital interview process through the TCS Digital Exam. This exam is conducted only for a few selected colleges. Here is how my first ever job interview went!
There were 3 people taking the Technical and HR interview together. 5 minutes into the interview and my nervousness faded away; my panel was really friendly. They asked me how my day has been. I had 2 people taking my technical interview while one was asking general HR questions. I handed my resume to them and the interview began.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- I am from ECE background so I had a lot of robotics-related projects. They asked me about the line following robot I had worked with. “What is the minimum number of IR sensors needed for a line following robot?”. Answered 3.
- What is IoT? Applications of IoT.
- There is a lot of buzz about digital India. What is digital India according to you?
- I had mentioned Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Networks on my resume. So they asked, “What are Neural Networks? How can we perform handwritten digit recognition?”
- I had a project on Face Detection and Recognition. They asked me if mobile applications use Deep Learning for Face Detection. I told them about the “Viola-Jones Algorithm” Read here.
- We talked about my internship at IIT Bombay. I had done a Swarm Robotics Project on Drones. They asked how I used multithreading to control multiple drones and some questions about ROS and socket programming.
- Then they asked me about the Android app I had made. It was an application that uses NLP to convert Indian Languages to Sign Language. I told them how I used NLP for POS-tagging.
We talked a little more about my projects. I told them how my interested shifted from ECE to CSE and I started coding.
They gave me a pattern and asked me to write a code to print it. I wrote an O(n^2) algorithm. They asked me if I can reduce the complexity to O(n). The pattern was this:
121 (which is 11*11)
12321 (which is 111*111)
This 11*11 thing didn’t strike me so they explained it to me.
This is what happened next,
Interviewer: “Who is the CEO and who is the Chairman of TCS?”
Me: “Chairman is Mr. N Chandrasekaran and CEO is Rajesh Gopi… Gopi something :p”
They laughed and the HR completed the surname “Gopinathan”. She then asked if I was okay with relocating, is my family okay with it, if I am okay with night shifts, etc. I replied yes to all of these questions just like we are supposed to in HR rounds! The next question was “where do you see yourself in 5years?”.
Before leaving I asked them about my job profile. They said it can be anything related to IT/CS.
Final Verdict: Selected!