Round 1: The first round was a coding competition comprising of six competitive coding questions, the first question was a lengthy implementation question and the second question was a fairly easy mathematical question. If you can solve two questions out of six, be assured you will get an interview call. If you happen to solve one question, still there are high chances of getting an interview.
Round 2: After nearly 20 days we got an interview call. The interview comprised of technical and HR interview.
- Introduce yourself. Introduced.
- What is recursion? It is a function which calls itself.
- How does it stop? Explained the concept of exit/base condition.
- What if we miss/don’t have an exit condition? We will encounter the StackOverFlow condition. Explained further how stacks are used for recursion.
- What is a heap? Explained the heap memory and its use. (I later regretted not mentioning the heap data structure as well)
- What is method overriding? Is it inheritance or polymorphism? It is polymorphism which is sometimes used in inheritance. And to be specific it is a runtime polymorphism.
HR Questions:(the HR round went longer and I remember some questions)
- What are your hobbies? Answered (there was some friendly discussion on PUBG, like did I find an alternative to that and all )
- So what are the technical things you like to do which are not a part of your curriculum? Answered
- So can you give an example of the above? Answered
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? Strength: great in communicating with people and can work as a team player, weakness: tend to spend too much time on a problem until it’s resolved.
- The next two to three questions were indirectly on where do I stand with my weakness, do I still have it, how did I work on it.
- One specific question went like “so if we assign you to a task and you are facing some issues, so as you said you will not give up on the task until it’s finished, regardless of the time ” (“regardless of the time” was the trick) No ma’am, if there is a deadline to catch then definitely I need to finish my task anyhow within the specified time, and in these scenarios, I always look up to my seniors for help as they have much more experience and have resolved a lot more issues.
- Suppose if you were working on a specific domain/technology and now the company needs you to work on another domain, will you be open to that or will you stick to your domain? I will be surely open to that as it gives me an opportunity to learn new things.
- Give a scenario from your life to validate that. Gave a scenario when I was a part of my college’s technical club.
- Suppose if there is a dispute among your teammates, how will you resolve that? Answered.
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years? The first three years I would like to dedicate myself to the domain/technology I will be working on, then in the next two years I will either go for further studies in parallel to my job or I will be working on to be a Team Lead.
- Are you open to relocation? Even if it is in Indore? Yes ma’am.
After nearly another 20 days I got the letter of selection. I was offered a ninja role.