TCS Codevita 2020 Interview Experience (Ninja to Digital Upgradation)
After solving 2 questions, I managed to get a 2.5k rank in Codevita. Unlike previous years, this year only those with a rank of less than 10k were given interview opportunities.
- Codevita Exam Date: 15th August 2020
- Codevita Result Date: 3rd September 2020
- Interview Date: 14th September 2020. I got the mail 4 days before the interview date.
- Ninja Offer: 4th November 2020
- Digital Capability Assessment: 20th March 2021
- Digital Offer: 19th April 2021
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE: The interview was online and it was conducted on the Microsoft Teams platform. We were told that we will be getting a call from the panelist at any time on that day and we need to be ready within 15 mins. Me and many of my friends joined the interview through the given invitation link before the call and waited. After waiting for an hour the panelists joined and the interview started.
There were 3 panelists-technical, managerial, and HR.
- I was asked about my subject of interest. Told them DSA, oop, and DBMS.
- What is OOP?
- Properties of OOP.
- What is inheritance?
- What is Polymorphism?
- What is multiple inheritance?
- Problems associated with multiple inheritances in c++ and to solve it (Diamond Problem).
- What is the primary key, foreign key?
- Can the foreign key be a non-primary key?
- Given a postfix expression. Convert it to infix expression. Just the approach.
- How to make a website responsive?
- Why we use the stack in DFS and queue in BFS?
I was able to answer them all and the interviewer was convinced with my answers.
- In my introduction, I have told them that I was the Technical Head of Innovation Club in our college. So he asked me the role I played as the Technical head.
- What I will do if I was assigned some work on the weekend by my Team Lead?
- Why TCS?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Comfortable with reallocation and night shifts?
- Then he asked me to share my screen and show him my documents-Aadhar card, class 10, and 12 mark sheets.
The interview lasted for 30 minutes. I was expecting more questions from their side especially from DSA. After the interview, I thought that they will conduct another round in order to shortlist for Digital Role as no such questions were asked me which will make my selection In TCS Digital. And this similar thing has happened to many of my friends.
After 20 days we got the result. And as expected I was offered the Ninja role. 25 students appeared from my college and only 2 of them were given the Digital role and around 20 of them Ninja role.
Update on 20th April 2021
TCS conducted Digital Capability Assessment (DCA) on 20th March 2021 where all the ninja offered candidates were given a chance to upgrade their profile to Digital. The test consisted of 2 coding questions of medium-level difficulty and the duration was 60 minutes. The test can be given in any programming language.
I cleared the test and received a mail stating that an updated offer letter will be given soon. There was no interview. There were around 9 students from my college who cleared the DCA test.
I am happy that I finally got the Digital role.