TCS Codevita 2019 (Season 8)
I have reported at : 9:00 AM on 30 July 2019, at TCS Gachibowli. We were directed to a block and were asked wait until our name was called.
Round 1: The Technical round begin at 10:30 AM and the panel had a team of two TR’s. The next half an hour were a row of questions. The flows goes this way.
- Tell us about yourself? (Answered confidently.)
- How many problems did you solve in CodeVita? (Answered.)
- Explain the problem statement? (Explained the problem in brief.)
- Can you write the code and explain it? (I did. )
- Talk something about Haskell? (My Language expertise include Haskell language. )
- Why Haskell when there are many functional programming languages? (Answered)
- Where are these languages used in Industry? (Have examples of the companies using Haskell. )
- What is Machine Learning? (Briefed. )
- Implementation in the real world? Success and failure situations in Machine Learning?(Explained about AlphaGo and autopilot. )
- Types of Machine Learning?(Mentioned the names and differences.)
- Explain each of them? (Real time example of each type.)
- What is Smart India Hackathon and project presented in that Hackathon? ( I’m a participant of Smart India Hackathon (SIH), I explained the concept of SIH and the presented project.)
- Explain about your projects? (Spoke about my projects mentioned in my resume.)
- What is the Record made in Asia book of Records? (Explained.)
- What excited you to learn Machine learning? (Spoke about my motivations.)
- Can you write code for this question: A string of integers to get the maximum number that can be formed with the numbers in that string. (wrote code in Python)
- Can you replicate this in C language? (wrote using count sort approach)
- Explain the count sort algorithm? (Explained. )
- Why count sort and not any other sorting algorithm? (Explained. )
- What is the complexity of all available sorting algorithms? (Answered. )
- What is Latex? ( Answered. )
We will let you know please wait out.
Round 2: The Technical round was followed by managerial round and HR.
- Tell us about yourself? (Answered. )
- What is the project you have done in IIT? (I have attended machine learning course in IIT.)
- High-Level explanation about the project and technologies used?(Answered. )
- What is your role in the project? (Explained in brief. )
- Being an electronics student what motivated you towards Machine Learning? (Explained and the MR was convinced for my reason. )
- What if any other project is given will you be comfortable to learn the concepts? ( Yes sir.)
- Given a square divide into 7 equal parts (Answered. )
- Do you have gaps in between your education?( No sir.)
- Present Aggregate?(Answered.)
- Active Backlogs?(No sir.)
- Any history of backlogs earlier?(No sir.)
- Have you passed all your std’s from X with a percentage > 60%(Yes sir. )
- Are you ok to relocate?(Yes sir.)
I gave the Interview on 30th July and I received a mail from TCS team that I’m sorted for differentiated offer. For now I do not know the package from this offer.
Be Confident about every single point mentioned in your resume and have a confident smile on your face. The process is easy. Thank you.