HTML Tags: Tags are the starting and ending parts of an HTML element. They begin with < symbol and end with > symbol. Whatever written inside < and > are called tags.
HTML elements: Elements enclose the contents in between the tags. They consist of some kind of structure or expression. It generally consists of a start tag, content and an end tag.
This is the content.
Where, <b> is the starting tag and </b> is the ending tag.
HTML Attributes: It is used to define the character of an HTML element. It always placed in the opening tag of an element. It generally provides additional styling (attribute) to the element.
This is paragraph.
|HTML Tags||HTML Elements||HTML Attributes|
|HTML tags are used to hold the HTML element.||HTML element holds the content.||HTML attributes are used to describe the characteristic of an HTML element in detail.|
|HTML tag starts with < and ends with >||Whatever written within a HTML tag are HTML elements.||HTML attributes are found only in the starting tag.|
|HTML tags are almost like keywords where every single tag has unique meaning.||HTML elements specifies the general content.||HTML attributes specify various additional properties to the existing HTML element.|
- How to add a parent to several tags in HTML ?
- HTML | Deprecated Tags
- Most commonly used tags in HTML
- HTML | Attributes
- HTML | Id Attributes
- HTML | Subscript and Superscript Tags
- Use of blockquote, q and cite tags in HTML
- HTML | Tags Complete Reference
- HTML | data-* Attributes
- HTML | DOM attributes Property
- How to display HTML tags as plain text using PHP
- HTML | Attributes Complete Reference
- Why are dashes preferred for CSS selectors / HTML attributes ?
- Difference between 'hidden' and 'aria-hidden' attributes in HTML
- XML | Tags
- Bulma | Tags
- attributes in C++
- XML | Attributes