In this article, we will learn how to create, use, and delete bins in tableau worksheet to do further operations.
Tableau: It is a very powerful data visualization tool that will be employed by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to see the info and obtain a transparent opinion supported the info analysis. Tableau is extremely famous because it can absorb data and produce the specified data visualization output during a very short time.
Bins: Tableau bins are containers of equal size that store data values like or fitting in bin size. Also, we’ll say that bins a group of data into groups of equal intervals or size making it a scientific distribution of data. In Tableau, data from any discrete field are often taken to form bins. Although, Tableau users mostly use measure fields to form numeric bins.
Dataset used in the given examples is URL.
1) Open Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
2) Drag and drop the one sheet of connected dataset.
3) Click on sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
4) On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on left side and a worksheet for work.
5) To create bins in tableau follow the given instructions:
- Select an attribute
- Right click on it
- Click on create
- Click on bins
- Modify the suggested values (optional)
- Click ok.
Below are some examples demonstrating the use of bins in Tableau:
In this example, we use a short trick for creating a bin of an attribute.
- Here, we drag and drop an attribute into rows.
- Click on Show Me and select histogram.
- A bin of that drag and drop attribute in automatically created.
In this example, we use bin of an attribute and demonstrate the further operations that can be performed on it.
In this example, we will learn how to delete a bin of an attribute. One can simply delete it by right clicking on it and then click delete.