Tableau workbooks store the data on worksheets. Each worksheet can contain a visualization or a dashboard. This article aims to show how to perform different operations on the worksheets like how to add, duplicate, and rename worksheets.
Steps to perform:
- In the Tableau, connect to the databases.
- The data source has three data files – Product, OrderDetails, PropertyInfo. These are three different excel sheet present in one data file.
- Open Product data file.
- Add OrderDetails data file, it contains the information about each order.
- Now you can see there is a join in the two data files.
- If you’ll hover on the join then you can see that there is a inner join using the common key i.e. Product ID. Inner join simply means that there are two files have a field in common and it can be combined easily.
- Next, add the PropertyInfo file and it can be see that it is also joined.
- If you’ll hover the mouse pointer then it can be clearly seen that OrderDetails and PropertyInfo are inner joined using the key – PropertyID.
- Now, that data is completely ready for data visualisation.
- Click Quantity and then at the top right corner of the screen, at the right edge of the toolbar, there is the Show Me button. Visualisation can be obtained using the Show Me option.
- Here’s your visualisation.
- To add: you can see near to the sheet option you have add new worksheet option an using that you can add more sheets.
- To duplicate:Go the sheet option and then select duplicate option, this will mimmic the same task of the original workseet.
- To rename any worksheet, again to the option and select the Rename option and you can change the name of the options.
- Combine Multiple Excel Worksheets Into a Single Pandas Dataframe
- Tableau Drivers - Download and Connect
- Tableau Installation Guide
- Tableau - File System
- Tableau - Connect to a data source
- Difference Between Google Data Studio vs Tableau
- Tableau - Joining data files with inconsistent labels
- Data Cleaning in Tableau
- Tableau - Join databases
- Tableau - Create Visualization
- Tableau - Displaying data in Worksheet
- Tableau - Building up a storyline
- Tableau - Split the text to columns
- Tableau - Change the summary
- Tableau - Change the order in visualisation
- Make A, B and C equal by adding total value N to them
- Adding and Deleting Cookies in Selenium Python
- Python - Adding Tuple to List and vice - versa
- Adding and Subtracting Matrices in Python
- Python | Adding two list elements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.