If you’re preparing for a tech interview, especially for SDE 2 or SDE 3 job profiles – then you need to know you’re required to have a sound knowledge of System Design concepts. Almost every IT giant whether it be Facebook, Amazon, Google, or any other ask various questions based on System Design concepts such as scalability, load-balancing, caching, etc. in the interview. Though despite knowing the importance of System Design in interviews – a major problem that came across individuals, in particular working professionals, is that they have a shortage of time and they require an optimized, relevant, and worthwhile learning resources.
And, most probably, you already would have known that to find quality learning resources is not an easy task…!!
But…we’ve made it easier for you! GeeksforGeeks is providing you with an in-depth interview-centric System Design – Live Course that will help you prepare for the questions related to system designs for Google, Amazon, Adobe, Uber, and other product-based companies. The course will be mentored and guided by industry experts having the first-hand experience with designing, developing, and maintaining scalable systems. Here, you will be taught with the help of real-world examples and hands-on lab sessions using AWS components.
In this course, there will be online live classes, and you’ll be able to attend the classes from any geographical location. As it will be an interactive live session, you can ask your queries or doubts to the instructor similar to the offline classroom program. The course is strongly recommended to:
- Candidate targeting for SDE 2 or more experienced profile
- Candidate having at least two years of work experience
- Candidate having a good grasp of DSA concepts like Tree, Graph, Hashing, Sorting, and Searching algorithms
- Candidates with hands-on experience in designing and implementing some parts of a WEB-scale system
Some of the prominent features of this course are provided below:
- Limited Batch Strength of 25 Candidates
- 6 months access to recorded Live Lectures of this Course
- Certificate upon Course Completion
- Discussion-based approach – Will deliberate on around 8 problems touching various areas of SD
- Additional learning resources for Weekday Reading
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to design Scalable Systems and get various worthwhile tips to crack System Design Interviews. Other than that, the course is being provided to you at a discounted price of INR 9999/- and you can directly register yourself for the course by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step-1: Visit the official page of System Design – Live Course.
- Step-2: Then, Click on the Signup Button and enter the required details in the form such as name, graduation year, etc.
- Step-3: After signing up, you’re required to make the payment by clicking the “Pay Online” button.
- Step-4: Then you’ll get successfully registered for the course and will be able to attend the classes as per the schedule.
For any query, you can drop us an email at email@example.com
The content that will be provided in this System Design – Live Course is as follows:
- Lecture 1: What exactly is a System Design Interview, Breadth Vs Depth, Should you know everything about everything, Types of Jobs to target from the market, System Design Process (Motivating Example: Design UBER), Design problem focussed on Requirement Analysis and Data Modelling
- Lecture 2: Trade-offs in a large scale system (Motivating Example: Design TWITTER) – Performance Vs Scalability, Latency Vs Throughput, Availability Vs Consistency (CAP Theorem), Design problem focussed on Requirement Analysis and Data Modelling
- Lecture 3: Components of a large scale system – Queue, SNS (Lab Demo), SQS (Lab Demo), Design problem based on event-driven system
- Lecture 4: Components of a large scale system – Databases/Storage Layer, Details on B-Tree, LSM Tree, storage techniques, and resolving bottlenecks, Design Problem focussed on intricacies of storage systems
- Lecture 5: Components of a large scale system – Databases/Storage Layer, Indexes (Primary, Secondary, single key, multi-key), Design Problem focusing on the depth of data modeling and indexes
- Lecture 6: Components of a large scale system – Databases/Storage Layer, Consistent Hashing, Replication and sharding, Cache, Caching Policies: Write – Through/Around/Back
- Lecture 7: Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture – MicroService Vs Monolith, API Gateway
- Lecture 8: Components of a large scale system – DNS, CDN, Applying what you’ve learned: End-to-End System Design Problem-Solving
- Lecture 9: Components of a large scale system – Load Balancer, Aspects of Security: Encryption, DDoS, Man in the middle attacks, Isolation, Applying what you’ve learned: End-to-End System Design Problem-Solving
- Lecture 10: Some useful stuff that should be on tips of the interviewee, Common numbers to remember for the back of the envelope calculation, Tips on Schema Design, Applying what you’ve learned: End-to-End System Design Problem-Solving (FB messenger, YouTube/Netflix, Dropbox)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. What are the class and course duration?
Ans. The class duration is of 3 hours and the classes are scheduled for every Saturday & Sunday. Moreover, the course duration is 10 Lectures.
Q-2. How much is a batch size?
Ans. For the ease of the students, the planned batch size is 25 candidates.
Q-3: Can I pay through online mode for the course?
Ans: Yes, the payment for the course can be made via online banking, credit/debit cards, UPI (Google Pay, PayTM, Phone pay, etc.).
Q-4. Will I get any certification after completion of the course?
Ans. Yes, along with the course completion certificate you’ll also get 6 months access to recorded Live lectures of this course.