Reached out via referral in November, team I was interviewed for develops in house software. The overall process took 2 weeks, 2 telephonic followed by F2F. In all the rounds minimum 3 puzzles were asked, listed down only algorithm and programming questions.
1. Fibonacci sequence expecting DP solution and corner cases like negative input, etc.
2. Implement strcpy library function from C. Priority is on heap allocation, checking null terminated string, etc
3. Strcpy() vs Memcpy()
1. Given a huge file of strings, print words from EOF to start
1. Height and Balance factor for binary tree.
1. Size of a binary tree
2. #define Vs typedef
3. int main() Vs void main() Vs main(), why return statement is necessary in main()
4. Merge two sorted array, recursive approach for the same using LinkedList (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/merge-two-sorted-linked-lists/)
1. How negative numbers are represented in memory
2. What is integer overflow, how to avoid it
1. Pascal triangle based question
1. Given a student table with marks, find Nth rank student
2. What is the possible pattern for static variables
3. Initialized and uninitialized static variables, where are they stored in memory expecting explanation with BSS and Data segment
5. String is represented in a linked list, how to effectively check whether the string is a palindrome (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/function-to-check-if-a-singly-linked-list-is-palindrome/)
Round 8 (HR)
1. Usual HR questions, Why Synopsys, What will you do if you get offer from Google/Facebook, etc
2. 2 more puzzles again
Pseudo code on paper with proper handling of corner cases is expected. All F2F happened in a day each round typically lasted an hour. Puzzles are given equal importance as that of algorithm design.
Thanks GeeksforGeeks for providing a wonderful platform to share and learn, keep up the great work, cheers 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 9
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 7 (4+ experienced)
- Interview Experience with Synopsys - On Campus
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 3 (For R&D Engineer)
- Synopsys Interview Experience - R & D 2 Engineer
- Synopsys (Atrenta) Interview Experience | Set 7
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 4 (For R&D Engineer I)
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 8 (7+ years experience)
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for R&D Engineer)
- Synopsys Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for R&D Engineer)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)