In number system, Sylvester’s sequence is an integer sequence in which each member of the sequence is the product of the previous members, plus one. Given a positive integer N. The task is to print the first N member of the sequence.
Since numbers can be very big, use %10^9 + 7.
Input : N = 6 Output : 2 3 7 43 1807 3263443 Input : N = 2 Output : 2 3
The idea is to run a loop and take two variables and initialise them as 1 and 2, one to store the product till now and other to store the current number which is nothing but the first number + 1 and for each step multiply both using arithmetic modular operation i.e (a + b)%N = (a%N + b%N)%N where N is a modular number.
Below is the implementation of this approach:
2 3 7 43 1807 3263443
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count Possible Decodings of a given Digit Sequence
- Look-and-Say Sequence
- Farey Sequence
- Find Recurring Sequence in a Fraction
- G-Fact 21 | Collatz Sequence
- Complete the sequence generated by a polynomial
- Juggler Sequence
- Padovan Sequence
- Aliquot Sequence
- Recaman's sequence
- Thue-Morse sequence
- Sum of the sequence 2, 22, 222, .........
- Golomb sequence
- Digit - Product - Sequence
- Find n-th term in sequence 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, ....
- k-th number in the Odd-Even sequence
- Newman-Conway Sequence
- Sum of Arithmetic Geometric Sequence
- Program to print DNA sequence
- Connell Sequence
Improved By : vt_m