Swiggy Interview Experience for SDE-1
Online Coding Test (Hackerrank): 3 Medium questions and 1.5 hrs to solve it. Solved all three questions
Round 1(On-site, virtual):
- Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1’s, First asked me to write recursive code and the dynamic programming. After that interviewer asked me to optimize more. Then I explained the matrix exponentiation approach.
- Given N lines(x1, x2 of each line), asked to find the point where the maximum lines meet if we draw a vertical line.
- Oops: Inheritance vs Composition, Static keyword, Volatility keyword
- DBMS: Acid Properties
Round 2 (On-site, Virtual):
- Find the number of pairs with a given sum
- Started with spring beans, functional dependencies and asked how will check dependencies are valid or not. When I said they must be in the form of a directed acyclic graph. Then he asked me to check whether there exists a cycle or not.
Note: In all technical questions they asked me to write code on the sublime text and to compile it forgiven test cases
Round 3 (Hiring Manager round):
- The interviewer discussed the current job and asked two CS core questions: How URL works and What is a load balancer. My last two rounds went really well, so he said the result would be based on the last two rounds.
The next day I got a call from the recruiter, and she said, “Congratulations!! You are selected”.