Swiggy Interview Experience for SDE-1 | On-Campus 2021
SWIGGY Interview Experience for SDE-1 role
Round 1(Online Assessment): Eligibility: CSE/ECE/EEE, CGPA 7 and above.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Online Test: On the HackerRank platform
- 1 Database +3 coding question.
- 90 minutes
- Database question – Medium(SQL)
- Coding question – Easy, Medium, hard
11 Students shortlisted for Interviews, I solved 3.5 Questions
Suggestion – Solve SQL Problems in Leetcode and practice Most Liked Questions of each level in Leetcode and GeekforGeeks.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round): They asked 4 DSA Questions
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/search-in-row-wise-and-column-wise-sorted-matrix/ (Solve in O(1) space O(m+n) Time Complexity)
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-for-balanced-parentheses-in-an-expression/ (Solve in O(1) space and O(n) Time complexity)
- https://leetcode.com/problems/valid-parenthesis-string/ (Solve in O(1) space and O(n) Time Complexity)
Interviewers were very friendly they helped me whenever I felt stuck on the problem and discussed with me all possible edge cases for all problems.
Interview Length – 1 hour
9 People were shortlisted for final round
Round 3(Managerial Round): Manager was a very chill and friendly person and he started with asking things about me other than my resume
- He asked me if he had a talk with one of my professors, what will be the two positive things he will get to know about me
- Similarly, he asked what will be the two negative things he will get to know about me
- He asked what were steps I had taken to deal with my negatives.
- He then asked me to brief him about any one of my projects and asked me questions related to it like what was my motivation behind it, what were the problems faced by me, what was the techstack I used.
- He then asked me in which development will I be interested in backend or Android development.
- I replied with backend and then he asked me can I work full-stack too.
- I said yes and then he started asking me about the differences between reactJs and vanillaJs and why I preferred react over vanilla and we had a discussion about it for 5 minutes.
- He then asked me about differences between nodeJs and a framework like expressJs for server-side coding he asked me about the libraries i used for backend, problems faced in expressJs and how can we improve those problems while using expressjs.
- He then asked me why I used MongoDB instead of some other Database and had a discussion about it for 5 minutes
- Finally, he wrapped up by asking me if I had any questions
Interview Length – 30 minutes
They selected 4 students for SDE – 1 role and luckily I was one of them