Swiggy Interview Experience for SDE-1
Status: A backend developer with 2+ years of experience in a service-based company.
Position Interviewed for Swiggy SDE1
Location: Bangalore (Interviews were completely virtual)
Month: January 2021
Applied in LinkedIn.
Round 1: (Online coding)
- Conducted in Hackerrank platform.
- Duration: 1.5 hrs.
- Question 1: Some array-based questions.
- Question 2: A string is given and we have to reverse the string in such a way that each word are at the same position and it should be reversed For example if input string is ” do coding from geeksforgeeks” then the output string will be “od gnidoc morf skeegrofskeeg”.
- Question 3: A square matrix is given and we have to rotate that matrix element with 90 clockwise and print the output matrix.
After 2 days, I got call for the interview.
Round 2: (Machine coding round)
- Duration: 3 hrs.
- This round is essentially about resolving a real-world design problem. The task assigned to me was to create a calendar application that schedules meetings, displays different users’ calendars, and allows users to accept or reject meetings. It’s similar to creating a Google Meet calendar.
- There was an interviewer available. He was extremely helpful, and he even extended the duration because this round was only blocked for an hour.
- At the end of two hours, I had not completed all seven of the requirements given to me, but he looked into my design further and also asked my design for the remaining requirements that I had not completed. We had a good discussion about various extra requirements that lasted about an hour.
- The code should be working at the end without any errors.
- I had the next round on the same day.
Round 3: (Data structures and algorithms)
- Duration: 1 hr.
- 3 questions. The approach, time & space complexity, optimization if any were all discussed. I solved only 2 of them but still was selected for the next round.
- Question 1: A 2D matrix is given we need to find a unique path while there is a obstacle. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/unique-paths-in-a-grid-with-obstacles/
- Question 2: This was the standard question of travelling salesman problem using greed method. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/travelling-salesman-problem-greedy-approach/
- Question 3 : A binary tree is given and we need to print all the nodes that are seen from the top. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-nodes-top-view-binary-tree/
Round 4: (Hiring Manager round)
- Duration: 1 hr.
- He asked me about the specifics of my project and we had a few discussions about it. He asked few questions on my technical skills that I have mentioned on my resume & also the best practices and few behavioral questions.
- It was more like a conversation more than an interview.
Following that, I had a phone call with HR. I won’t consider it a new round, but we discussed the package and other benefits, as well as a few questions. HR had been extremely helpful throughout the entire process. He kept me up to date on my feedback in each round, which was beneficial.
- The interviewers and HR team were so friendly, and the interviews were extremely well organized.
- Writing clean code, such as relevant variable naming, reusability, and so on, was expected.
- The project details and technologies mentioned in the resume were questioned in depth.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.