Given a binary tree and integer value k, the task is to swap sibling nodes of every k’th level where k >= 1.
Input : k = 2 and Root of below tree 1 Level 1 / \ 2 3 Level 2 / / \ 4 7 8 Level 3 Output : Root of the following modified tree 1 / \ 3 2 / \ / 7 8 4 Explanation : We need to swap left and right sibling every second level. There is only one even level with nodes to be swapped are 2 and 3. Input : k = 1 and Root of following tree 1 Level 1 / \ 2 3 Level 2 / \ 4 5 Level 3 Output : Root of the following modified tree 1 / \ 3 2 / \ 5 4 Since k is 1, we need to swap sibling nodes of all levels.
A simple solution of this problem is that for each is to find sibling nodes for each multiple of k and swap them.
An efficient solution is to keep track of level number in recursive calls. And for every node being visited, check if level number of its children is a multiple of k. If yes, then swap the two children of the node. Else, recur for left and right children.
Below is the implementation of above idea
Before swap node : 4 2 1 7 3 8 After swap Node : 7 3 8 1 4 2
This article is contributed by Nishant_singh(pintu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Tree Traversals (Inorder, Preorder and Postorder)
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Write a program to Calculate Size of a tree | Recursion
- Write a Program to Find the Maximum Depth or Height of a Tree
- Write a program to Delete a Tree
- If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
- Convert a Binary Tree into its Mirror Tree
- Given a binary tree, print out all of its root-to-leaf paths one per line.
- Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Search Tree.
- The Great Tree-List Recursion Problem.
- Check sum of Covered and Uncovered nodes of Binary Tree
- Level Order Tree Traversal
- Program to count leaf nodes in a binary tree
- A program to check if a binary tree is BST or not
- Level order traversal in spiral form