SVG type Attribute
The type attribute is a non-specific attribute that has a different meaning according to the context in which it used.
- It defines the type of transformation, for the <animateTransform> element whose values change over time.
- It defines the type of matrix operation, for the <feColorMatrix> element.
- It defines the type of component transfer function, for the <feFuncG>, <feFuncB>, <feFuncR>, and <feFuncA> elements.
- It defines whether the filter primitive should perform a turbulence or noise function, for the <feTurbulence> element.
- It defines the content type of the element, for the <style> and <script> elements.
type = "value"
Attribute Values: The type attribute can be used with the following elements:
- <animateTransform>: This element include type attribute with values like translate, scale, rotate, skewX, skewY.
- <feColorMatrix> : This element include type attribute with values like matrix, saturate, hueRotate, luminanceToAlpha.
- <feTurbulence>: This element include type attribute with values like fractalNoise, turbulence.
- <feFuncR>, <feFuncG>, <feFuncB>, and <feFuncA>: These elements include type attribute with values like identity, table, discrete, linear, gamma.
Below examples illustrate the use of the type attribute.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Comcompetitivepetitve Programming concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.