The “<a>” element in SVG is used to create a hyperlink to other webpages or any URL. This tag works in the same way as HTML “<a>” tag.
<a href="" target="" type="" rel="" download=""></a>
- href: It stands for hypertext reference and takes the link to the other documents.
- download: It instructs the browser to download a file.
- hreflang: It is the human language of the URL or in simple words the URL fragment that hyperlink point is the hreflang.
- rel: It tells the relationship between the target and source documents.
- target: It tells about where the webpage is to be displayed.
- type: It tells about the MIME type of the document linked with URL.
- ping: It is the space-separated list of URLs.
Below given are a few examples of the above function.
Browsers Supported: The following browsers are supported by this SVG element:
- Internet Explorer