5G wireless technology is finally becoming a reality. It will provide higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds, better reliability than its preceding generations, unimaginably low latency, an appreciably huge network capacity, and a more uniform user experience. 5G will eventually replace our 4G LTE connections as it is obviously faster than them.
5G is definitely going to have a huge impact on the Internet of things (IoT). The work which is currently being carried out by sensors will be done by 5G driven smart devices with a much better latency than sensors and therefore it will lead to a noticeable decrease in the number of devices we require right now for a particular job. These devices will be able to connect to single base station.
Everything that can be connected will be connected.
The 5G revolution has already begun. It makes possible for us to research in fields that haven’t been touched yet. The world today needs green technologies because the present condition of the environment is hidden from no one. When we use 5G in our IoT devices, there will be less heat dissipation to the environment as a very fast speed, high efficiency and quality outputs can be achieved using lesser number of devices. Digital technologies such as 5G and IoT are predicted to reduce global emissions by up to 15% in the coming decade which will be critical in combating climate change. IoT will facilitate embedding sensors and software and will eventually lead to compact business models.
Smart sustainable systems will find applications in traffic management, detection of water wastage, smart(green) buildings, etc. Some would propose that the frequency range used in 5G is unsafe but if we really check the history of the technology world, we will realize that we have been using such frequencies for years. Completely replacing 4G LTE will take a lot of time and efforts and obviously money. This the biggest drawback as for now.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Development of Cryptography
- The Future Of Web Development
- Phases of Web Development
- The Changing World of Development
- 13 Things You Should Know Before You Enter In Web Development
- What is full stack development ?
- How to Get Started with Game Development?
- 10 Myths About Software Development
- How to Manage Web Development Projects?
- How can I start to learn Web Development ?
- My minified journey with Web Development!
- Introduction to Postman for API Development
- Best Books to Learn Back-End Web Development
- Best Books to Learn Front-End Web Development
- What is the difference between Front-End and Back-End Web Development?
- Burnout in Software Development: How to Deal With it?
- 7 Tips For Performances Optimization in Web Development
- Top 10 Programming Languages for Blockchain Development
- Top 7 Database You Must Know For Software Development Projects
- Introduction to Web Development and the Holy Trinity of it
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.