You are a poor person in an island. There is only one shop in this island, this shop is open on all days of the week except for Sunday. Consider following constraints:
- N – Maximum unit of food you can buy each day.
- S – Number of days you are required to survive.
- M – Unit of food required each day to survive.
Currently, it’s Monday, and you need to survive for the next S days.
Find the minimum number of days on which you need to buy food from the shop so that you can survive the next S days, or determine that it isn’t possible to survive.
Input : S = 10 N = 16 M = 2
Output : Yes 2
Explanation 1: One possible solution is to buy a box on the first day (Monday), it’s sufficient to eat from this box up to 8th day (Monday) inclusive. Now, on the 9th day (Tuesday), you buy another box and use the chocolates in it to survive the 9th and 10th day.
Input : 10 20 30
Output : No
Explanation 2: You can’t survive even if you buy food because the maximum number of units you can buy in one day is less the required food for one day.
In this problem, the greedy approach of buying the food for some consecutive early days is the right direction.
If we can survive for the first 7 days then we can survive any number of days for that we need to check two things
-> Check whether we can survive one day or not.
-> (S >= 7) If we buy food in the first 6 days of the week and we can survive for the week i.e. total food we can buy in a week (6*N) is greater then or equal to total food we require to survive in a week (7*M) then we can survive.
If any of the above conditions are not true then we can’t survive else the minimum number of days required to buy food will be = ceil(total food required/units of food we can buy each day)
Time Complexity: O(1)
Space Complexity: O(1)
- The Blue – eyed Island puzzle
- Find the minimum of maximum length of a jump required to reach the last island in exactly k jumps
- Check divisibility by 7
- Check if the given chessboard is valid or not
- Program to check for ISBN
- Check if two numbers are co-prime or not
- Check if a string is Colindrome
- Program to check if two strings are same or not
- Check whether a + b = c or not after removing all zeroes from a,b and c
- Check if it is possible to sort the array after rotating it
- Check if a string is palindrome in C using pointers
- Check if a cell can be visited more than once in a String
- Check if the frequency of all the digits in a number is same
- Check if two same sub-sequences exist in a string or not
- Check if it is possible to create a polygon with a given angle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.