Given a string str, the task is to find the sum of the similarities of str with each of its suffixes.
The similarity of strings A and B is the length of the longest prefix common to both the strings i.e. the similarity of “aabc” and “aab” is 3 and that of “qwer” and “abc” is 0.
Input: str = “ababa”
The suffixes of str are “ababa”, “baba”, “aba”, “ba” and “a”. The similarities of these strings with the original string “ababa” are 5, 0, 3, 0 & 1 respectively.
Thus, the answer is 5 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 1 = 9.
Input: str = “aaabaab”
Approach: Compute Z-array using Z-algorithm – For a string str[0..n-1], Z array is of same length as string. An element Z[i] of Z array stores length of the longest substring starting from str[i] which is also a prefix of str[0..n-1]. The first entry of Z array is the length of the string.
Now, sum all the elements of the Z-array to get the required sum of the similarities.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Pattern Searching using a Trie of all Suffixes
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- Create a new string by alternately combining the characters of two halves of the string in reverse
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form
- Minimum deletions from string to reduce it to string with at most 2 unique characters
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Convert an ArrayList of String to a String array in Java
- Decode an Encoded Base 64 String to ASCII String
- Check if a string can become empty by recursively deleting a given sub-string
- Lexicographically smallest string whose hamming distance from given string is exactly K
- Convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
- Covert string X to an anagram of string Y with minimum replacements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Ryuga