Given a root node to a tree, find the sum of all the leaf nodes which are at maximum depth from root node.
1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 Input : root(of above tree) Output : 22 Explanation: Nodes at maximum depth are 4, 5, 6, 7. So, the sum of these nodes = 22
Approach: There exists a recursive approach to this problem. This can also be solved using level order traversal and map. The idea is to do a traversal using a queue and keep track of current level. A map has been used to store the sum of nodes at the current level. Once all nodes are visited and the traversal is done, the last element of the map will contain the sum at the maximum depth of the tree.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not | Iterative Approach
- Sum of nodes at maximum depth of a Binary Tree
- Sum of nodes at maximum depth of a Binary Tree | Set 2
- Print All Leaf Nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right | Set-2 ( Iterative Approach )
- Iterative approach to check for children sum property in a Binary Tree
- Check for Symmetric Binary Tree (Iterative Approach)
- Get level of a node in binary tree | iterative approach
- Deepest left leaf node in a binary tree | iterative approach
- Deepest right leaf node in a binary tree | Iterative approach
- Largest value in each level of Binary Tree | Set-2 (Iterative Approach)
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation | Iterative Approach
- Iterative approach to check if a Binary Tree is Perfect
- Print all nodes at distance K from given node: Iterative Approach
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree using preorder traversal : Iterative
- Iterative program to count leaf nodes in a Binary Tree
- Count half nodes in a Binary tree (Iterative and Recursive)
- Count full nodes in a Binary tree (Iterative and Recursive)
- Iterative Approach to check if two Binary Trees are Isomorphic or not
- Find Minimum Depth of a Binary Tree
- Calculate depth of a full Binary tree from Preorder
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SHUBHAMSINGH10