Given a root node to a tree, find the sum of all the leaf nodes which are at maximum depth from root node.
1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 Input : root(of above tree) Output : 22 Explanation: Nodes at maximum depth are 4, 5, 6, 7. So, the sum of these nodes = 22
Approach: There exists a recursive approach to this problem. This can also be solved using level order traversal and map. The idea is to do a traversal using a queue and keep track of current level. A map has been used to store the sum of nodes at the current level. Once all nodes are visited and the traversal is done, the last element of the map will contain the sum at the maximum depth of the tree.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Print All Leaf Nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right | Set-2 ( Iterative Approach )
- Sum of nodes at maximum depth of a Binary Tree
- Sum of nodes at maximum depth of a Binary Tree | Set 2
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not | Iterative Approach
- Get level of a node in binary tree | iterative approach
- Largest value in each level of Binary Tree | Set-2 (Iterative Approach)
- Iterative approach to check if a Binary Tree is Perfect
- Check for Symmetric Binary Tree (Iterative Approach)
- Iterative approach to check for children sum property in a Binary Tree
- Deepest right leaf node in a binary tree | Iterative approach
- Deepest left leaf node in a binary tree | iterative approach
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation | Iterative Approach
- Iterative program to count leaf nodes in a Binary Tree
- Count full nodes in a Binary tree (Iterative and Recursive)
- Count half nodes in a Binary tree (Iterative and Recursive)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SHUBHAMSINGH10