Given an array of N unique numbers. Also given two numbers a and b such that a will always be before b in the array. The task is to find the sum of the array elements excluding the elements which lie between a and b.
Input : arr = [2, 1, 6, 9, 11], a = 6, b = 9
Output : 14
Input : arr = [1, 2, 4, 5, 6], a = 2, b = 5
Output : 7
Approach: Traverse in the array, keep adding the array elements until we find a. Continue iteration until b is found and do not add array elements to the sum. After b is found, add array elements to the sum till the end. Once the iteration is completed, return the sum.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Maximum Subarray Sum Excluding Certain Elements
- Average of remaining elements after removing K largest and K smallest elements from array
- Sum of elements in 1st array such that number of elements less than or equal to them in 2nd array is maximum
- Elements to be added so that all elements of a range are present in array
- Find elements larger than half of the elements in an array
- Maximize the sum of X+Y elements by picking X and Y elements from 1st and 2nd array
- Find elements of array using XOR of consecutive elements
- Replace array elements by sum of next two consecutive elements
- Count array elements that divide the sum of all other elements
- Count number of elements between two given elements in array
- Find all elements in array which have at-least two greater elements
- Generate an array of K elements such that sum of elements is N and the condition a[i] < a[i+1] <= 2*a[i] is met | Set 2
- Arrange N elements in circular fashion such that all elements are strictly less than sum of adjacent elements
- Minimum elements to change so that for an index i all elements on the left are -ve and all elements on the right are +ve
- Rearrange array such that even index elements are smaller and odd index elements are greater
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.